No Signal error randomly

Denwad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have 4 cameras on a POE switch that go to my linksys router, which then goes to my PC-NVR

3 of the cameras are the 4mp Reolink RCL 401, the other one is a no name 720p.

All four cameras were fine when blueiris was on my computer, but when i moved it to the dedicated NVR pc, the 3 reolinks start losing signal. It seems to occur mostly during transition from dark/light and vice versa. These cameras are running at 720p @ 5102 br @ 30 fps

The no name 720p is the unwavering rock in the storm, it never loses signal. This makes me believe that it isn't the POE switch.

nothing has changed except for the pc that blueiris goes on, i have switched the cables from the router to the pc being that the rest of it worked fine before.

when i fire up wireshark, i notice that all the IP addresses that belong to the cameras are still sending traffic to my computer, not the NVR. Could this be part of the problem? How do i get them to point in the right direction?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, Reolink is junk and lots of people have problems with em.. especially with BlueIris.. not the least bit surprised your non-name camera is more reliable honestly.

the NVR opens the feeds to the cameras, the cameras dont send the feeds to the NVR.. its a client-server model, your NVR's is the RTSP Client and the camera is the RTSP Server.

If you open a continuous ping to your cameras do you experience any packetloss at all?

Denwad

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, and thats what I thought it to be as well. I'm having trouble figuring why is my NVR only recieving traffic from my pc and not from the cameras?

.124 = NVR
.125 = my pc
.127,8,9 = reolink cams

loads of traffic from .127-129 to and from .125