No Signal

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m sure this is has been discussed many times but it is still baffling me how my cameras continue to lose connection with BI.
I am running about 15 cameras with a dell t330 server / windows server 2016 essentials.
I was reviewing the logs in BI and noticed some disconnection activity daily for about 15 to 20 minutes at different times of the day.
Not sure why I dove into my dhcp server, looking at logs, etc and found nothing. I decided to delete my NIC teaming and then my cameras lost connection again as soon as I did that. I re enables the NIC teaming but now I can not get the cameras to come back. I can log into each POE camera individually but BI will not connect.

Any idea where else I can look to resolve this?

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Mostly reolink. I have tried rebooting my server multiple times. Deleted NIC Teaming and running on one dedicated NIC with Static IP.
after stopping and starting the BI service and rebooting my managed switch the cameras connected for a half of minute then loss signal again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mostly reolink. I have tried rebooting my server multiple times. Deleted NIC Teaming and running on one dedicated NIC with Static IP.
after stopping and starting the BI service and rebooting my managed switch the cameras connected for a half of minute then loss signal again
Reolink as known issues with BI (and is a lying scamming garbage brand)...though no long term no signal issues...
sounds like a network problem...
connect one camera to an unmanaged switch or the router and see if that goes offline..

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah not my favorite cams but it’s wht they had already set up and I just threw them on a server instead of 4 individual dvr’s

Okay I finally got it worked no but what I did makes no sense. I just disabled all the cameras in BI and brought them back one at a time and they started working. Go figure.
I will now try to do my NIC teaming again and see if I can mess this up.