No Signal

Nasda

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help, I had a bird cam up and running for about 4 weeks , then suddenly I got the lost signal message timeout check ip address and port. The camera is a spycamera cctv Model number NCIP9. I Have tried everything I know to try to find it , I cant and it doesn't show up as connected to My Router .
Sorry if I am a bit vague I'm an older woman, even when I try to access it outside blue iris using the same ip address as it had like My android app ios app it says camera offline. I have the port forward software but I don't think I am using it properly, and help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out. This is the fourth Day. If the blue tits that have been checking out the box move in then I wont be able to get the camera back in. thanks in advance
Nancy
P.S I Did contact spycameracctv help on Thursday but the haven't got back to me

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you give the camera a static IP address as outlined in the manual? This is important because if power is interrupted to your router, it may assign different IP's to devices on your network when it powers back up and Blue Iris cannot find the cam because it's looking for the former IP address.

From page 12 of the manual ==>> here it says:
------------------
"INSTALLING THE PC SOFTWARE

To watch and record footage from your camera on your PC you can download the Windows
PC software.

Once you've installed the software find and run SNVR. The first time you run the software it will automatically search for cameras on your network. If this is successful the video feed should appear.

The last thing to do is to make sure that the camera has a Static IP address. To do this right-click the live camera picture and select Remote Configuration. Select the Network tab and in the config menu untick the Enable DHCP tick box and click OK."
------------------
If your software is unable to locate your camera you might check the Ethernet cable going out to the cam to insure the connections are good. If they are, try a substitute cable. Is the 12 volt DC power to the cam connected OK? Is it supplying power?

Because the cam is outdoors and the connections are outdoors its very possible your problem is 'low tech' and moisture or wind has caused a problem. I'd check all those well before I went any further. I'd open up that 'weatherproof' boot and check it out.

If after following the above you're still not able to see the cam, come back and I'll suggest another piece of software that might better be able to find the cam.

Nasda

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to help,the Gamut CMSS software does not find it either, It finds My other two security cameras. The power to the camera seems ok there is a solid green light, I know before when it was connecting it flashes. I brought it all inside and that day we had adverse weather heavy snow and the power was down briefly. I checked inside the waterproof cover it was a tiny bit damp and a very small amount of rust I cleaned it all and made sure it was dry . I hear the camera making some clicking noises and it is warm to touch. I haven't tried another cable, There is a poe cable and a lan cable should I try both with new or different cables. I don't think I gave the camera a static address but I did make my ip address static with the PF software.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to help,the Gamut CMSS software does not find it either, It finds My other two security cameras. The power to the camera seems ok there is a solid green light, I know before when it was connecting it flashes. I brought it all inside and that day we had adverse weather heavy snow and the power was down briefly. I checked inside the waterproof cover it was a tiny bit damp and a very small amount of rust I cleaned it all and made sure it was dry . I hear the camera making some clicking noises and it is warm to touch. I haven't tried another cable, There is a poe cable and a lan cable should I try both with new or different cables. I don't think I gave the camera a static address but I did make my ip address static with the PF software.
1) I'd try with a new LAN cable & POE cable even if one or both is too short and won't be the ultimate replacement but will show if a cable or it's connector is not making connection. Sounds like it's getting power over the POE but the data portion of that POE cable (2 pairs) could be bad or the LAN cable's data pairs bad.

2) After doing step #1, try the Gamut s/w again and if it finds the cam, give it a static IP if it's not already static in the cam itself; you can config the Gamut s/w with a static IP but all that means is that is how it's can find the cam, the cam needs to have that IP remain the same (static).

The fact that your power went off may have set this whole thing in motion and that's all that happened, the cam was set for DHCP (dynamic) and when power returned, another IP was assigned by the router and Gamut couldn't 'find' it. But you did find corrosion so its good to swap out cables first, IMO.

Nasda

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I changed the cables and had someone help me through remote connection they couldn't find it either. I am going to contact Amazon seller as that is where I got it , it was a 100 pounds and to have only worked for 4 weeks seems like not too fair a deal
thanks again for the help it was much appreciated