No Sound from cameras when auto cycling through in app.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

im not sure if this is a config issue or something I might have to ask support about.

i have an old android phone permenently showing a cycle of a camera group. I have this by the front door, and it's great. When it senses motion it prioritises the door cam so I can see outside and the rest of the time it flicks between a few outside cameras. However.. I cannot hear the sound from the cameras mic when it stops in the camera that is sensing motion.

if I go directly to the camera in the app ( ie.. Not all cameras cycle) I can hear the sound.

anyone any ideas ? I suspect it might be one of those things that not many people have tried and it might be something I have to mail Ken about.

cheers.

Avi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
blue iris options >cameras automatically play live audio from selected cameras
this should play the live audio while its cycling...i dont believe there is a way to only play live audio for the camera that its prioritizing...

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
blue iris options >cameras automatically play live audio from selected cameras
this should play the live audio while its cycling...i dont believe there is a way to only play live audio for the camera that its prioritizing...

Cheers, I have that set. I'm assuming it's because its technically viewing a webcast group in the app. Looks like an email to support, as it would be really useful in my particular set up.

thanks

hoggin

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out? I am trying to use BI as a baby monitor and have the cameras cycle through a group with audio being broadcasted as well. I cant find a way to make this work. I tried the above suggestion and it didn't seem to work.
Thanks

hoggin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought that was it but it was already ticked. I can get the audio to work when I have the group selected (left photo) but when I have it on cycle (right photo) you can see that there is no option to activate the audio. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20201201-125732_Blue Iris.jpg Screenshot_20201201-125746_Blue Iris.jpg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This may be a bug with the Android app.
I just tested it on the iOS app and the speaker icon is enabled.

hoggin

n3wb
Reaction score
So what would the next step be? Contact BI in hopes of some sort of resolution? Thoughts?