No video from the camera

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
First of all i want to apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to post as i am not sure if it's more of a camera or DVR related problem.

Anyway, i just wanted to try and install a surveillance camera for my garage, i watched a couple of videos and the DVR installation seemed okey but the problem is i don't have any video when i connect the camera and all i get is the Dahua logo
The camera does work as the IR is on, the cables seems okey, when I go to recordings i do see the green bar as if it is filming something but when opened it's just black so am not sure where the problem is.
Am using a Dahua HDCVI H.265 video recorder with a Dahua HDCVI camera DH HAC T1A21P.

If further information is needed please let me know as i have no background on the topic, just trying to do some DYI while quarantined
Please if you could help me out, i would really appreciate it.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you add a hard drive to the recorder? Most come without one, so you can add what you want.
Can you play back any video?

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you add a hard drive to the recorder? Most come without one, so you can add what you want.
Can you play back any video?
Thank you for your answer. Yes I did add a hard drive and it seems to be working fine.
When i access the recordings after plugging the camera i get as if it's recording with a green bar increasing and the space on the hard drive slooowly decreasing but when i play the video all i get is a black screen

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you view the video live?
You might have to set the video type to HDCVI on that DVR port.

You might post the model number of the DVR, maybe some one is familiar with it.

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you view the video live?
You might have to set the video type to HDCVI on that DVR port.

You might post the model number of the DVR, maybe some one is familiar with it.
I did try that and it's the same thing, no video just the Dahua logo
As for the DVR it's a DH-XVR5104HS-X1

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How are you accessing the camera/XVR? Try through a browser, go to 192.168.1.108 and login to the web interface of the XVR

You should see something like this:

XVR-HCVR-Web-Interface.jpg

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you have if you plug straight into the DVR with a monitor?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello.
First of all i want to apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to post as i am not sure if it's more of a camera or DVR related problem.

Anyway, i just wanted to try and install a surveillance camera for my garage, i watched a couple of videos and the DVR installation seemed okey but the problem is i don't have any video when i connect the camera and all i get is the Dahua logo
The camera does work as the IR is on, the cables seems okey, when I go to recordings i do see the green bar as if it is filming something but when opened it's just black so am not sure where the problem is.
Am using a Dahua HDCVI H.265 video recorder with a Dahua HDCVI camera DH HAC T1A21P.

If further information is needed please let me know as i have no background on the topic, just trying to do some DYI while quarantined
Please if you could help me out, i would really appreciate it.
If you see green on the recording playback bar, you are recording, How old is that Samsung monitor? It might be your monitor is not able to process High resolution video and Older Monitors will cause a effect like you are getting. You can try to set one of your cameras back to H264 and lower the resolution and see what happens. You could also plug a 4k monitor into the HDMI port and see what you get, Not knowing what your cameras are or your settings on those cams are set at leaves us all but to guess at this point. More Info would be helpful.

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
If you see green on the recording playback bar, you are recording, How old is that Samsung monitor? It might be your monitor is not able to process High resolution video and Older Monitors will cause a effect like you are getting. You can try to set one of your cameras back to H264 and lower the resolution and see what happens. You could also plug a 4k monitor into the HDMI port and see what you get, Not knowing what your cameras are or your settings on those cams are set at leaves us all but to guess at this point. More Info would be helpful.
The thing i just noticed is that the green bar is increasing for all cameras while i only have one plugged in. My monitor is 6 years old something so i will try something else
For the information, the camera model is posted above and for the configuration i guess this is it

If further information is needed please let me know

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

This is what I get with different cameras tested.

If you mean connecting the camera directly to the DVR, i cant do that as they don't have the same exit/entrance

Between that statement and the above screencap image, I'm beginning to wonder if the cameras are plugged into the XVR?

Can you show us a picture of the back of the XVR where the BNC ports are?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You are @720P, on that Channel, that should show that with no issues I believe. Check your other 3 channels.

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Between that statement and the above screencap image, I'm beginning to wonder if the cameras are plugged into the XVR?

Can you show us a picture of the back of the XVR where the BNC ports are?

And am using a coaxial bnc connector to connect the camera to the DVR

You are @720P, on that Channel, that should show that with no issues I believe. Check your other 3 channels.
maybe it the cable? try another cable or try another BNC port
As for the ports i've tried all four of them with 2 different cameras, nothing changed. As for the cable i didnt try another one as i just bought this one and the power side is working fine so i didnt think about it.

Sofianesfa

n3wb
Reaction score
i've had issues with new pre made siemise cables before.
Okey so I just landed a tv receiver cable and used it (couldn't get cctv cables due to the circumstances) at first i got a '' CVI'' text (something like that as i didnt pay attention) then i got this blurred screen

I couldn't get my own picture as i only get this when i keep on moving the cable on the camera ( i didnt get it constantly i only got it when i kept on moving the cable) and then everything is lost and i couldn't get anything just like it started
I guess it's the cable then?