Non-Hikvision Onvif IP Camera cannot add to Hikvision DS-7216HWI-SH

captin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im having real trouble adding this IP camera to my Hikvision DS-7216HWI-SH. They are both on the same subnet 192.168.0.X. The NVR is 192.168.0.50 and the camera is 192.168.0.30. The camera is onvif compatible however when I attempt to add an ip camera i do not get the option to employ the onvif protocol, it only allows me to to select HIKVISION protocol cameras. I am now completely baffled as to how to add this ip camera to my NVR. The camera does work and appears in the ONVIF device manager easily and i can edit all of its parameters instantly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
7216HWI-SH is not a NVR, that is a DVR that allows you to add two Hikvision extra IP channels (so you can have up to 18 cameras).

You can not add ONVIF devices, it ONLY works with Hikvision cameras. It does not have ONVIF protocol, you won't be able to use that camera.

captin

n3wb
Reaction score
7216HWI-SH is not a NVR, that is a DVR that allows you to add two Hikvision extra IP channels (so you can have up to 18 cameras).

You can not add ONVIF devices, it ONLY works with Hikvision cameras. It does not have ONVIF protocol, you won't be able to use that camera.
Thank you for your reply. After reading your comment I went and swapped the device for a 3mp cube camera from Hikvision. Still, I cannot get the DVR to add the ip camera, which is hikvision as you previously stated, to connect. Do you have any idea why this might be happening? I can see the camera and its output by navigating to its static ip on my network and the camera is automatically found and added by the dvr however it says connecting then offline. I have entered the admin password as i set when first turning on the device but have had no further luck.

Many thanks,

Cant

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2Mp maximum, if I remember correctly. Try changing the main stream of the camera to 1920x1080.