Noob here but not a noob

Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris at home for 3 or 4 years now and lurking here as well. I'm not new to security video as I have been doing it professionally for over 20 years so I can figure most things out on my own. With that said, I do remember analog VCRs and multiplexers so yeah, I'm an old guy but not retired yet. Old guys don't always retire they just move into management.

When it comes to spending MY money I have recognized that I can't beat BI. So far I have been running my home system on miscellaneous reject junk and cheap analog cameras on streamers. I can't stand it anymore so fast forward to 2018. I've got to upgrade this stuff. Did you ever hear the story about the plumber with the leaking pipes...? I just can't do it anymore.

I just wanted to say that I have learned a lot here about BI and how to do great stuff on the cheap. Its so different when you don't have big bucks to throw at it as in the corporate world. This forum is a great resource! I've already setup a new sever and bought a few new cameras. Now the fun begins.