Noob - Looking forward to my new setup...and a question

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I just completed my first cam install. Got a single Amcrest outdoor POE 4MP running and recording direct to disk using BI. Found a great deal on an HP Core i7 from the local Staples a week ago (we'll see if it sucks or holds up....). I did notice that the main video stream has a rectangular pixelated region, starting from the left most side of the view/image and 192 pixels wide (the full width of the video region is 2688 pixels, so about 7% of the view is affected). This region is pixelated both in the live view and in the recordings. I rebooted the camera and no change. The sub stream (VGA quality) does not show the pixilation. Should I try to get a replacement camera? I am pretty much using the Amcrest default image settings. The pixilation is not restricted to the BI software....so it is definitely something with the camera.

Thanks. Dan.

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure its not the amcrest logo :lol:?

Edit: I would either try resetting the settings to default again (press and hold the reset button for 30s) or look in the section of settings that allow users to set a pixelated private zone.

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually... there is text / an overlay with "IPC" in the pixelated region....but the pixilation is over the entire length of the 192 pixel strip - not just the text part...and it looks like the overlay text extends slightly beyond the 192 pixel mark.:(. Thanks for the response!