Noobie Needs Help - Blue Iris Web Server and Port Forwarding - 2 Cams WVC80N

Speedracer

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased Blue Iris v4 this week and I just can't wrap my head around Port Forwarding 2 IP Cameras as they relate to the Blue Iris Server and my router. I have not been able to access the cameras internally or externally with the Blue Iris Software. I've searched the forums here and haven't found clarity.

My Configuration Details:
My router is: Motorola SBG6580 (Internal IP: 192.168.150.110)
My 2 IP Cameras are: Cisco/Linksys WVC80N
BlueIris-www
Static Internal IP: 192.168.150.220
Dynamic (fake) External IP: 71.61.51.41
Assigned Port: 1050

YS-Cam1
Static Internal IP: 192.168.150.210
Assigned Port: 1030
YS-Cam2
Static Internal IP: 192.168.150.211
Assigned Port: 1031

Here are my questions:
1). Do I direct all External TC- IP traffic for the cameras to the Blue Iris Web Server port, then it in turn forwards the traffic to the appropriate internal IP address and port for each camera?

2). Do I have to setup individual port forwarding for the Blue Iris Web Server as it relates to the Gateway Router Internal IP (192.168.150.110)

3). Do I need to setup any additional ports that are not shown in the screen caps, ie: RTSP port

4). Do I have to setup the Motion Detection, Video Quality, Email, FTP, etc on the cameras as well as the Blue Iris Server so they match? Or, can I control all of those details from the Blue Iris software?

I've attached 7 photos to show where I'm at currently. View the Screen Shots in sequence xxxx_ScreenCap1, xxxx_ScreenCap2, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Speedracer Welcome to the forum! You dont need to forward any of the cameras. In fact its a bad idea. The only thing you need to forward is the blue iris webserver.
Looks like you did that correctly (disable the forwarding for the cameras).
Can you see video from the cameras in blue iris?
You dont set any of the motion or email alerts in the camera, blue iris takes care of all of it.
Most importantly, who is your ISP? what type of service is it? Cable? Sat?
Also note its not a good idea to post your external ip online.

Speedracer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply fenderman!
OK ...
>> Blue Iris Web Server the only thing forwarded now.
>> Tried to Auto and Manual setup of Cam1 on Port 1030 ... No response ... No video ... See 2 screen caps attached.
>> ISP is Comcast Cable
>> External IP 71.61.51.41 is a fake that I photoshopped in.

-- I set up the webserver before the cameras on Blue Iris. Does that sequence matter?
-- Do I have to port forward the router to the Blue Iris webserver?
-- My router is a modem/router combo (Arris SBG6580)? Double router port forwarding required, ie: put the SBG6580 into bridge mode, etc.?

Thanks again!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply fenderman!
OK ...
>> Blue Iris Web Server the only thing forwarded now.
>> Tried to Auto and Manual setup of Cam1 on Port 1030 ... No response ... No video ... See 2 screen caps attached.
>> ISP is Comcast Cable
>> External IP 71.61.51.41 is a fake that I photoshopped in.

-- I set up the webserver before the cameras on Blue Iris. Does that sequence matter?
-- Do I have to port forward the router to the Blue Iris webserver?
-- My router is a modem/router combo (Arris SBG6580)? Double router port forwarding required, ie: put the SBG6580 into bridge mode, etc.?

Thanks again!
Yes if your using another router aside from the combo you must put the modem in bridge mode.
you can setup the webserver before setting up the cameras...
Your screen captures dont show the camera configuration setup in blue iris.
Make sure you are entering the correct ip address for the cameras and proper port and credentials...

Speedracer

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes if your using another router aside from the combo you must put the modem in bridge mode.
you can setup the webserver before setting up the cameras...
Your screen captures dont show the camera configuration setup in blue iris.
Make sure you are entering the correct ip address for the cameras and proper port and credentials...
Modem/Router combo is all I have ... simple home network all on the same subnet. The cameras are on the Wireless-N portion of my network.
The cameras are working now ... once I removed their port forwarding info in the router, then started over on the camera setup it worked.
Now, my only problem is that I'm losing signal every 1-2 minutes. They drop and then re-connect. Each time they drop a 2-3 second video is recorded.
The camera's video quality is set at 640x480 30fps. I also tried 15fps and turned off the motion detection and they're still losing signal ... the error code is in the attached photo.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Increase the receive buffer... In the video configuration tab to 20mb... It could also be your Wifi

Sent via Taptalk