Nortons Notification of My Blue Iris Intrusion Attempt TO China

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Norton's Security popped up with an alert to say it had blocked an intrusion attempt by my own PC, purportedly wanting to intrude on a network location in China.

"An intrusion attempt by (my PC name) was blocked."

"Attacking Computer: (My PC Name and my PC's internal IP address)"
"Attacker URL: (My public WAN address)"
"Destination Address: (An IP address in China)"
"Source Address: (My PC Name and my PC's internal IP address)"
"Traffic Description: TCP, (BlueIris Port forwarded number)"

"Network traffic from (my WAN address) : (BlueIris Port Forwarded Number) matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\(DEVICE VOLUME)\PROGRAM FILES\BLUE IRIS 4\BLUEIRIS.EXE."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Norton's Security popped up with an alert to say it had blocked an intrusion attempt by my own PC, purportedly wanting to intrude on a network location in China.

"An intrusion attempt by (my PC name) was blocked."

"Attacking Computer: (My PC Name and my PC's internal IP address)"
"Attacker URL: (My public WAN address)"
"Destination Address: (An IP address in China)"
"Source Address: (My PC Name and my PC's internal IP address)"
"Traffic Description: TCP, (BlueIris Port forwarded number)"

"Network traffic from (my WAN address) : (BlueIris Port Forwarded Number) matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\(DEVICE VOLUME)\PROGRAM FILES\BLUE IRIS 4\BLUEIRIS.EXE."
Its a false alert as to where the attack is coming from ..obviously your blue iris pc is not trying to reach china servers and most certainly not hack it...its is likely the other way around...if you check your router logs you will likely see a bunch of attempts from that china ip address...also note the latest version allows you to block ipaddress automatically after X number of attempts...
Consider using a vpn.

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately this is VERY common if you've ever connected to the internet.
Bot nets are always scanning looking for ways in. If your firewall has an open port, it WILL be scanned by a bot net.
"As long as any open ports are properly secured... there shouldn't be a problem." --Famous last words of any security expert.