Not a private connection

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 8 IP cameras on line but the one I want to add I get the message your connection to this site is not private on 3 different browsers and can't log into the camera.
Newbie here
Cliff

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need more details.

Camera make and model?

Are your cameras isolated from the internet or do they go thru the router?

Which browsers?

It may be as simple as the camera you have isn't widely used so the browsers are popping up that error or the certificate is expired.

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Need more details.

Camera make and model?

Are your cameras isolated from the internet or do they go thru the router?

Which browsers?

It may be as simple as the camera you have isn't widely used so the browsers are popping up that error or the certificate is expired.
This camera worked fine for 8 months and after I moved it the problem appeared. All the cameras are isolated from the internet and are accessible only on the LAN This is a different brand of camera so not sure what caused the problem. I have rebooted the router but no help. Do cameras have their own certificates?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The browsers are getting more restrictive in what it allows or throws up caution more frequently than in the past. I suspect it is a browser update issue.

Or windows updated and changed the network from private to public - we have seen that a lot here.

If your cams are isolated from the internet, then I wouldn't worry about the error. It is private by virtue of it being isolated.

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The browsers are getting more restrictive in what it allows or throws up caution more frequently than in the past. I suspect it is a browser update issue.

Or windows updated and changed the network from private to public - we have seen that a lot here.

If your cams are isolated from the internet, then I wouldn't worry about the error. It is private by virtue of it being isolated.
I am not really worried about security but with this message I cannot log into the camera. It just reloads the login page and the used and password are correct. Thanks for responding so quickly. If I cannot solve this, I will just purchase another camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah some of the browsers have been blocking ports that these cameras use. But if you cannot get into the camera to change the port, then you are screwed.

Which camera make/model is it? Maybe someone has an API figured out to change the port that way.

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah some of the browsers have been blocking ports that these cameras use. But if you cannot get into the camera to change the port, then you are screwed.

Which camera make/model is it? Maybe someone has an API figured out to change the port that way.

I used the ODM to change the port so I will change it back to 8080 to see if that will help. The camera loads to the login page goes no farther. I have checked the username and password, and both are correct. I have been around the sun 84 times so not as sharp as I once was.
Thaks again

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used the ODM to change the port so I will change it back to 8080 to see if that will help. The camera loads to the login page goes no farther. I have checked the username and password, and both are correct. I have been around the sun 84 times so not as sharp as I once was.
Thaks again
Sorry I left the model # out. It was sold under the Jide Tech label and is a POE PTX outdoor camera Model # P 14-4X-5MP

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
......I get the message your connection to this site is not private on 3 different browsers and can't log into the camera.
Which browsers specifically?
Were you ever asked/required by the browser to install a plug-in?
Can you provide a screenshot of one of those screens?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Jidetech UI was ancient. only worked with IE11 and only with a funky plug in from a Google docs account or some Shady shit.....I can log in on edge but no video so I watch my adjustments in BI window. A real piece of crap.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This camera worked fine for 8 months and after I moved it the problem appeared. All the cameras are isolated from the internet and are accessible only on the LAN This is a different brand of camera so not sure what caused the problem. I have rebooted the router but no help. Do cameras have their own certificates?
Yes ..

All browsers and servers have certs for https ..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you have to look for "proceed anyway" type of choice after the nastygram of not private.....
Yes ..

All browsers and servers have certs for https ..
That's exactly what I was hoping to see on the OP's requested screenshot post: when you log into the setup of Ubiquiti's AirMAX webGUI with a browser, you see the same warning and you must click on "proceed anyway/Unsafe".. :cool: