Not exactly a NVR or computer but ...... it cool ...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a firestick a month ago but it was only 19 dollars. Here the URL to what I am taking about to give you an idea http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDQ0RMG/ref=fs_ftvs

It sort of like Chromecast or Roku stick and come with remote control.

I plugged it into my TV and did an app search. The search result showed TinyCam and IP Cam Viewer apps are available for fire stick. So I purchased TinyCam for only 3.99.

It may not be NVR or Blur Irsis but it neat to be able to quickly switch to the Camera view while watching TV to see who's at the door or display it in your TV PIP (Picture in Picture).

I think I got my money worth and going to order a couple more sticks for my other TVs in the house.

Bill

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got a couple of fire sticks at $19, too :)

Did you try the free ip cam viewer?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a couple of fire sticks at $19, too :)

Did you try the free ip cam viewer?
No I haven't tried the free one, I already have TinyCam on my Tablet and I like how it flashes red border around the screen when it detect a motion in it so I knew it was a good app to buy right off.

Bill

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The fire sticks are awesome, I have three of them and they replaced my Rokus. We only stream TV and get everything that way as there are no local stations to pick up via antenna even. These have been running like a champ so far.

I also just got the Amazon Echo at home and that is so cool, I never knew voice recognition could be so accurate, its almost spooky. It has absolutely nothing to do with IP cameras, but it is still awesome tech! Now if they could make it talk to the fire stick like it can the kindles, you could say "Alexa, show me my cameras" and have them pop up on your tv via the fire stick! I have so many ideas for how to use this voice tech.... Amazon, call me!

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Razer, I'm sure you've seen the recently released Amazon Echo Show. Maybe a hack will come along to allow Alexa to show our camera feeds as you mentioned.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tinycam pro is great. I use it for a baby monitor right now. Two cameras and a small tablet.
I've been wanting to see if I can can connect it to my NVR but not sure how to. For what you're doing this is a great idea.

Reaction score
The free version IP Camera app on Fire TV also works fine. If you know the IP, make of your camera it will be easy peasy. If not, get that through some other app. Step by step ideas here