Not impressed with Dahua NVR software

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wasted the whole day screwing with it..can't get the F-ing snapshot to send per emails, just get start and stop alarms. You go to reset the damn cameras, have all the checks off the boxes except the cameras, hit factory reset and it resets everything. Reckon you have to hit "Apply" first and then the reset. I could go on but had it for today...

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could always just get the camera to email you in the interim while you figure it out?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Factory Reset does exactly what it clams it does, there is no apply button.. if you want to reset just some parts of the config you check the boxes and hit default
Screenshot 2017-02-16 17.17.59.png
PEBCAK issue, get some sleep before you go clicking w/out reading.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Everybody uses a different feature set and gets a different impression of the software. I spent a month screwing with the "other" brand before walking away from it. The Dahua NVR, also buggy, was a breath of fresh air in comparison. I haven't tried snapshots or email yet, so maybe I'll be in for more NVR battles down the road. One thing I stick to is doing all the camera configuration direct to the camera, which might be skirting around some of the bugs.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might have a different version..don't know what a PEBCAK is but look at my pictures and version.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Problem Exists between the Chair and Keyboard.. your on the OSD which looks different than the WebUI, but it still applies the same logic.. a factory reset is going to restore it to the same state it left the factory in.. they even moved the button away so u wouldn't misclick on it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
email alerts are near worthless, most of the time the email w/the picture dont come in is because your MailServer is throttling back the emails since it sent 3 at a time, and guess which one is the largest, the one w/the image.. there are configuration options to reduce the frequency of snapshots taken, needs to be set to like 10s.. but missing snapshots is still gonna happen unless you run your own mail system w/out anti-spam throttling.

Push Notifications w/the Mobile Apps combined with IVS Rules works much better and faster.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Problem Exists between the Chair and Keyboard.. your on the OSD which looks different than the WebUI, but it still applies the same logic.. a factory reset is going to restore it to the same state it left the factory in.. they even moved the button away so u wouldn't misclick on it.
The problem being is I had just the cameras with a check mark, not anything else...and it reset the NVR, storage, everything else..somewhat misleading. Instead of us harping on that, any advice on how to get the alarm message with the snapshot instead of just the start and clear alarms?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I posted before you sent response... I tried that Domitxx program on the laptop. Had it setup but couldn't get the URL for the picture, therefore it wouldn't connect. My nerves are shot for today...been doing this almost straight the whole day...

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw different push options under that Domitxx program..which one do you think is the best?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua Push immediately opens up to a recording of the video and lets you switch to live view with a single click.. its far better than Domoticz sending snapshots.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where would it be under in the NVR software? I'll look it up tomorrow..about to fall out of the chair..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nothing is done on the NVR, you download iDMSS Pro for IOS or gDMSS Pro for Android, connect to your NVR and set it up there..

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that only available with the Pro version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr I just downloaded the pro
Question I have not been able to use the zoom feature on any software for my camera. Is there a setting to enable that?
IPC-HDW5231R-Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With my Onvif cams i cant get any snapshots out of my Dahua NVR´s.
It took a while to find that out.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its not a Zoom camera, its a varifocal.. you cant zoom on the fly with these cameras because they are not PTZ's..

On The cameras WebUI you can adjust the Zoom, set it and forget it.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr I was able to adjust the varifocal lens through the Smart PSS.

Nayr you mention these cams are best outdoors do you have any input on an indoor version? maybe a smaller version