not my video: live feed from wind tower

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat. I bet if it had a longer exposure time, there would be more to look at right now.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Neat. I bet if it had a longer exposure time, there would be more to look at right now.
No idea but it is still very dark here and we have rain. (I am like 5 km away from that camera so assume they have rain also)

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to be doing a lot better now. Maybe it got adjusted already. There isn't a lot of moonlight right now so it is pretty impressive. Looks like exposure time has not been increased to 1/3 or anything either.

Edit (30 minutes later): Never mind, it looks like it is just morning there. Way too bright now for night time.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think he just put it up. It is at 70 meter high in a wind Turbine. I assume to the other side as I not see the fan blades in the image.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder if the gal approaching from the right side had anything to do with knocking the cam offline? Google Maps doesn't show any infrastructure where the cam is, so a cow with an itchy back could probably push over a fencepost if that's what he stuck it on. I suppose there could be a building there now though.

TurbineCowCam.jpg

Skipper-93

n3wb
Reaction score
This is indeed my camera!
My ISP seems to be having problems lately, that's why it could be down.
I might edit the Night profile to manual exposure, to catch more light.

I'm not really familiar with Exposure settings. I have three options "Gain priority", "Shutter priority" and manual. Would Shutter priority be the best for this situation?

@j4co Do you live in Almere?

Last edited:

Skipper-93

n3wb
Reaction score
The wind direction forecast looks kinda boring for next weeks :facepalm:

Last night I've played around with Manual Exposure settings. You have to go below 15fps to get huge improvements. At the moment it's not possible to switch Day/Night profile automatically.
In another topic someone suggested that Dahua might be working on implementing that.
I'm too lazy to create a script for it, so let's wait patiently..

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The wind direction forecast looks kinda boring for next weeks :facepalm:

Last night I've played around with Manual Exposure settings. You have to go below 15fps to get huge improvements. At the moment it's not possible to switch Day/Night profile automatically.
In another topic someone suggested that Dahua might be working on implementing that.
I'm too lazy to create a script for it, so let's wait patiently..
Pretty sure you can set the night and day mode to switch from within the gui.

Skipper-93

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can set the night and day mode to switch from within the gui.
Only time scheduled seems to be possible at the moment. Or am I wrong? It's not ideal because of the changing sunset and sunrise times.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only time scheduled seems to be possible at the moment. Or am I wrong? It's not ideal because of the changing sunset and sunrise times.
Have a small window of either too dark or too light. :p
Won't hurt for 20 minutes either end of the day.

Adjust it every few months.