Not so new guy here. I have been running Blue Iris since May 2016.

Reaction score
Very few troubles in 4 years. I have 6 cameras and a digital Sea Level device. I think my Windows 7 is about done and I want to upgrade to 10. Will my current setup and the Blue Iris software I have still work after the update, or am I going to have to upgrade everything? I am runing Release 4.8.4.3 x64

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very few troubles in 4 years. I have 6 cameras and a digital Sea Level device. I think my Windows 7 is about done and I want to upgrade to 10. Will my current setup and the Blue Iris software I have still work after the update, or am I going to have to upgrade everything? I am runing Release 4.8.4.3 x64
just follow Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide
make sure you have a copy of your BI 4 key as you will need to reenter it after uninstalling bi4

Reaction score
Thanks.
So you are saying the version I have won't work after the update and I will have to buy the updated software because I have been out of updates since 5/10/17

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.
So you are saying the version I have won't work after the update and I will have to buy the updated software because I have been out of updates since 5/10/17
You can continue using version 4. You will not be able to install version 5 unless you pay the 35 dollar upgrade free. There is a 29.99 option but that comes with an annual renewal that can be difficult to cancel (it is managed by a third party).
Click on the 34.95 option.
35 bux is steal for version 5.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can continue using version 4. You will not be able to install version 5 unless you pay the 35 dollar upgrade free. There is a 29.99 option but that comes with an annual renewal that can be difficult to cancel (it is managed by a third party).
Click on the 34.95 option.
35 bux is steal for version 5.
you can use privacy.com to set up a free virtual card and then just cancel that virtual number when you are done. only think I don't like is linking your bank account.