Not Understanding Firmware download protocols & associated costs

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Dahua 1.3 Mega Pixel camera and I searched Google for firmware upgrades and I discovered from Dahua's security website that you have to purchase the right or ability to download software? Really. I purchased my camera from Amazon.com and to use or apply the lates software associated with the camera I have to pay some more money for the software that's already developed for the product I just purchased.

Please explain.

Is there any firmware updates available for IP66 1.3 mega pixel Dahua Camera?IPC-HFW2100-IP66-00.jpg

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You misunderstood. Dahua requires that you get your firmware from the seller who sold it to you. Only authorized sellers/distributor have access to the new firmware. Hikvision is more liberal about posting their firmware online. Why is it that you are looking for a firmware upgrade, are you having a particular issue?

Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that fact. With respect to firmware upgrade, it's something I always do when I purchase items that have firmware (servers, computers, cameras, switches, NAS, etc). I was checking to see if I had the latest (firmware) for the cameras I purchased. I also own six Panasonic cameras BB-HCM series cameras and firmware for those cameras are available for download from their site for any customer that desired access to the firmware. In fact with the exception of CISCO, I'm able to visit a company's website/ftp site and have access to software and firmware with a valid serial number.

Different firmware delivery models for different manufacturers.

I appreciate your reply.

As far as an issue, the only issue I'm having is I get the message that "Resource is Limited, Open Video Failed" when accessing/viewing Live video from web (outside of my private network - port forwarding through my uverse router). Within my private network, Live viewing via Chrome browser is not interrupted by resource limits. What's note worthy is that I also have the Dahua cameras configured on my cell phone and I'm able to view Live without interruption. What could be going on?IssueWithVideoStreaming.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be using a different port for mobile. Desktops require 554 I think, though I don't forward my Dahua cameras directly because their ONVIF support makes them essentially accessible without authentication.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been collecting Dahua firmware and it's up at the WrightwoodSurveillance.com site, click Support and you'll see Firmware. If you let me know what you want for a specific camera, I'll post it.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it's the Dahua IPC-HX3(2)XXX Firmware V2.210 firmware on the site. You have to know the build date of the camera. I applied the older one to mine and it work but mine was 2 years old.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine says 2.210.0001.0.R, build : 2013-05-17 is that the newest version for that cam?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure, I downloaded the firmware from my distributor, but it says 12/24/13, so should be newer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I see that mine has the older firmware file. The first file listed has the built date in the file name, 20130517.bin. Its 2013 not 2012 as listed on the site. Do I need the actual build date of the camera? or can I just install the newer firmware 12/24/13?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had an older camera, 2 years old, so I applied the older firmware without a problem and gave me 5/17/2013, so not sure if there's a build date of the camera issue or if it's just the build date of the firmware. I'll have to ask the distributor on Monday.