Noticed false alarm clips tend to always be the same length (the minimum) — strategies?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed after going through my clips day in and day out that almost every clip that has the shortest possible video time or so (= pre-trigger time + post-trigger timeout “break”) is useless. A false alarm from some bug, or some leaf, or something. I don’t mind recording these, but it gets old scrolling through them.

Is there a good motion trigger setting that will ignore such short motion? I can only find trigger length, but that doesn’t always correlate since interesting motion could be made up of a sequence of short triggers. Maybe a setting that only records on multiple triggers before the post-trigger timeout has expired. Or at least filters the clips by clip length, even an hourly script.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed after going through my clips day in and day out that almost every clip that has the shortest possible video time or so (= pre-trigger time + post-trigger timeout “break”) is useless. A false alarm from some bug, or some leaf, or something. I don’t mind recording these, but it gets old scrolling through them.

Is there a good motion trigger setting that will ignore such short motion? I can only find trigger length, but that doesn’t always correlate since interesting motion could be made up of a sequence of short triggers. Maybe a setting that only records on multiple triggers before the post-trigger timeout has expired. Or at least filters the clips by clip length, even an hourly script.
You will end up missing motion. You can limit alerts in this manner.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will end up missing motion. You can limit alerts in this manner.
Thanks, found that in the alert settings. Yeah, I suppose I would, but I’ve never encountered an interesting clip where it just triggers once and ends, so it’d be fine. I think it’s a great heuristic for determining what’s real and what’s not from my experience