Notification to smart phone is delayed.

EarlD

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to Blue Iris but have two cameras up and running and really like the program. My cameras are viewing my doors and I'd like to know IMMEDIATELY if someone approaches the doors. The notification to my cell phone seems like the quickest way...but often the notification reaches the phone several minutes after Blue Iris recognizes movement. I'm guessing the delay is from the cell service provider, which is Verizon in my case. I'd really like a sound notification in the house when motion is detected. The computer is in the basement too far away for me to hear a sound from it.

Does anyone have a suggestion of some ip device that could be triggered by Blue Iris? I know the Alerts tab indicates that an Amazon Echo can be linked to Blue Iris but, since I don't have an Echo at this time I can't test it. Can it be made to play a sound by Blue Iris?

Any help will be appreciated.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check server settings and mobile devices tab. Try Putting the phone as number 1 device in the listing. The ranking makes a different.
I had delays when an Ipad was placed before the cell phone, seems like there was a longer delay to send notification to the iPad, thus it further delayed the other devices selected for notification.

Hope this helps.

EarlD

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. My cell is the only device in the list. My solution was to buy a cheap bluetooth speaker from Amazon for our den and link it to the server computer in the basement. Now I just send the sound to the speaker if we're at home. I added an "Away" profile that I set when I leave the house that sends notifications to the cell phone.