Now THIS is a bit too much for my budget....

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If that can check for anyone who has mild fever to come nearby so to avoid contacting any virus, that might worth it ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks at Amcrest must have Covid and are delusional due to a high fever. Shame on them for price gouging the folks who are afraid and the retailers trying to calm them.
@TonyR, here is a 70% discount for you, log into BH account to see pricing about $6200 for the package..Probably a lot less via china.
Dahua Technology JQ-D70Z Human Temperature Measurement Blackbody $3600
Dahua Technology 256 x 192 Hybrid Thermal ePoE Network Bullet Camera with 3.5mm Lens $1700
Dahua Technology DHI-NVR5216-16P-I 16-Channel 1U 16PoE AI NVR with 4TB HDD $900
Tripods are cheap...

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Now we need more emojis to express our emotions. $20,000? No way anyone will be stupid to fall for such a thing. IPVM already has made their point that thermal cameras are not as accurate as they seem and require subjects to be up front close to the camera to get a reading. Besides, at that price, I'm sure buying Dahua directly from an authorized supplier will cost far less.

Their overuse of adjectives. Powerful? Powerful? Powerful?

Hey at least that we all know that Dahua NVR 5216-8P is an Pro AI series that goes for less than $500, LOL :lol:

Reaction score
Folks at Amcrest must have Covid and are delusional due to a high fever. Shame on them for price gouging the folks who are afraid and the retailers trying to calm them.
@TonyR, here is a 70% discount for you, log into BH account to see pricing about $6200 for the package..Probably a lot less via china.
Dahua Technology JQ-D70Z Human Temperature Measurement Blackbody $3600
Dahua Technology 256 x 192 Hybrid Thermal ePoE Network Bullet Camera with 3.5mm Lens $1700
Dahua Technology DHI-NVR5216-16P-I 16-Channel 1U 16PoE AI NVR with 4TB HDD $900
Tripods are cheap...

The JQ-D70Z is just the Black body calibration device that the real thermal camera uses to provide precise HBT measurement. The Thermal camera I believe is the

DH-TPC-BF5421-T

Which unfortunately retails for €20K.

There may be other solutions though.

Matt

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The JQ-D70Z is just the Black body calibration device that the real thermal camera uses to provide precise HBT measurement. The Thermal camera I believe is the

DH-TPC-BF5421-T

Which unfortunately retails for €20K.

There may be other solutions though.

Matt
The dahua kit I linked to comes with the cheaper camera. That said even the camera you linked to is nowhere near €20K. B&H themselves sells it for 8200. Log into to the site and you see the same price. You can get it significantly cheaper via other channels.

Reaction score
The dahua kit I linked to comes with the cheaper camera. That said even the camera you linked to is nowhere near €20K. B&H themselves sells it for 8200. Log into to the site and you see the same price. You can get it significantly cheaper via other channels.
thanks, I’ll check and compare specs. Preliminary fever checks at high density spots it’s not as straightforward or accurate as it seems as far as I’ve read and good comparative reviews and cases are scarce, even here I couldn’t find much.

Hik is doing webinars. Anyone else has links Here or elsewhere with detailed use cases or comparative reviews?