NSN-608-8P NVR Bandwidth

glsmall

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered the NSN-608-8P NVR from Nelly's. When I discussed the NVRs capabilities with Mike at Nelly's on the phone he assured me the NVR would handle 5-6 4MP cameras. One day later I'm now concerned about the setup because of a post post by user optik ("bandwidth was not good enogh on 7608 for my 6 cams")

optik's post is located here...

I just want to make sure the NSN-608-8P NVR will have the capability to run six 4MP cameras in full resolution. I don't need to view that resolution remotely but 24/7 recording at that resolution is important to me. Please let me know as I'd rather not even open the box when it gets here tomorrow if I'm going to want to upgrade it in two weeks.
I'm posting this here in case others may have the same question.

Thanks
Gordon

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Gordon,

They should record without any issues. The only problem I see that may happen is viewing them on an attached monitor. I don't believe you'll be able to view all 6 cameras on mainstream @ 4MP at the same time due to the NVR's decoding limitations. The NVRs decoding ability (according to the spec sheet) is 6 cameras @ 1080p meaning it can display a maximum of 6 1080p cameras on the attached monitor at once. Generally, the NVR will switch to substream on most of the multi-screen views if the cameras are set higher than 1080p (2 megapixel).

However, I'll test the recording capability to be 100% sure and will update what I find.