NVMS7000 Brovision help for iPhone

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed this on my new iPhone and it seems to work well while on my home network. I can view all of my camera feeds that are currently on my LTS NVR. When I am on an outside connection I can no longer access anything I get an error message on all of the camera feeds. I assume this is a port forwarding issue and my home network is not allowing me access. Can anyone give me the lowdown on what I might need to be looking at in layman's terms? I am not very network or computer savvy and this is my first experience with a smart phone as well. Thanks, Jim

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I am having the same issue for the LTS ltcmip8932 and they told me to do port forwarding

1. Didn’t do the Router Port forwarding.

You need to open and forward 80,8000,554 port number to your Wifi camera.

Not sure where I would find this on the NVMS7000 app or the home router.

Anyone have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I don't visit this site as much as I used too. I had pretty much given up on getting a response to this question. I too got the same answer about port forwarding from LTS. I have a whole house DVR / Router from my cable provider that has been set up by them to not allow port forwarding. I even asked a banker buddy of mine to have his IT guy look at it and he talked to my provider and was unable to get past it. So the only way I can view any of my cameras is when I am at home on my phone. I would love to find someone that can tell me a way to make this work but so far no luck.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You most likely have not received a response because it is frustrating when people answer the same questions again and again and again. It's not that people in the forum don't want to be helpful but when people ask the exact same questions time and time again without searching the forum it becomes frustrating. Thus, those that can provide guidance simply don't respond.

You can access on your home network because you are using local access. You can NOT access remotely because you have not configured port forwarding or proper DNS services.

First you need to setup a DDNS account. Either at Dyn or another similar service. This will allow your router/camera/NVR etc to ping the service a few times a day to assure if your external IP address changes it is then updated. It also provides you an easy to remember address. rudyjrsecuritycamera.dyndns.info for example.

You then need to populate your new DDNS info into your camera or router or NVR.

You'll need to configure your port forwarding in your router or modem/gateway.
Need help with DDNS - Router - Cam setup
http://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/3b56a0c6-f61c-4381-866e-dc49e5c30c88.pdf
Need help configuring a Platinum NVR or IPC?

Also it is very rare that internet service providers shut off port forwarding unless you are on Dish or Cellular. Who is your service provider and what modem/gateway do you have?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wide Open West, Arris whole house media gateway. IT guy contacted them directly from my house while he was on the computer, no such luck.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Wide Open West, Arris whole house media gateway. IT guy contacted them directly from my house while he was on the computer, no such luck.
Pretty sure that is incorrect....

Login to the gateway, goto the firewall tab, then look at the virtual servers section.

Then again saying "arris whole house gateway" is like saying "I drive a vehicle" when someone asks what you drive... DCS3635? DCS3600?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is incorrect....

Login to the gateway, goto the firewall tab, then look at the virtual servers section.

Then again saying "arris whole house gateway" is like saying "I drive a vehicle" when someone asks what you drive... DCS3635? DCS3600?
Been there looked at that it is locked down by WOW.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Been there looked at that it is locked down by WOW.
Are you suing the admin account to login that is listed on the modem? Something is not adding up here. Restricting port forwarding would restrict a massive amount of gamers, programmers, and general mid level users. Every PC gamer and even some XBox gamers need to open up ports for voice chat, specific games, etc. WOW is a national ISP/Cable operator and I don't forsee them locking all these functions down and restricting their user base. Again, if this was an LTE connection or satellite I would understand, but this is a is national cable MSO.

Last edited:

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you suing the admin account to login that is listed on the modem? Something is not adding up here. Restricting port forwarding would restrict a massive amount of gamers, programmers, and general mid level users. Every PC gamer and even some XBox gamers need to open up ports for voice chat, specific games, etc. WOW is a national ISP/Cable operator and I don't forsee them locking all these functions down and restricting their user base. Again, if this was an LTE connection or satellite I would understand, but this is a is national cable MSO.
Plenty of people online complaining about this same issue with this setup. If there is a work around for this I would love to know what it is. I am not computer savy to say the least. One evening I had 2 IT guys at my house for about 2 hours. One is an IT systems manager for a huge insurance company where I live and the other was his buddy that is the same thing for a bank. They were both online and on the phone with WOW and worked up the chain of command trying to get a workaround. No such luck!