NVR 4.0 – New UI, New Experience

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I found this interesting news, and our Dahua Partner assistance will provide me the next days with this firmware.
The solution for the browser and plug-in incompatibilities should be gone now also for NVR´s . I tested it for the new Camera firmwares above 2.8 which also supports native browser support without plugin, including video stream playback (h265).

to be continued, when the new DACH firmware is available. Maybe can @EMPIRETECANDY give us the international version for testing, I gues a DACH one is not official ready to use.

Greetings
Torsten

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Andy has posted the NVR 4.0 firmware here back in July of this year, Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

Looks like you are referencing the official firmware release. This will be interesting

Hello guys,
I found this interesting news, and our Dahua Partner assistance will provide me the next days with this firmware.
The solution for the browser and plug-in incompatibilities should be gone now also for NVR´s . I tested it for the new Camera firmwares above 2.8 which also supports native browser support without plugin, including video stream playback (h265).

to be continued, when the new DACH firmware is available. Maybe can @EMPIRETECANDY give us the international version for testing, I gues a DACH one is not official ready to use.

Greetings
Torsten

JordanZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to downgrade? I updated my NVR and have since lost IVS push notifications to my phone.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, just install last version and it will revert back.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@JordanZ What Firmware did you choose? With 4.000.00000000.1 push notification is fine. Sometimes it´s helpful to renew the push notification by switch it off and on. Or you disabled it in IOS for iDMSS.

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed it yesterday. Positive is that it doesn't have the plugin headaches and seems to be functioning just fine. Things I don't like so far.
1) Taking a while to figure out where things are, they for some reason thought it is a good UI choice to make 2 menus, 1 the dropdown in the top left and the other the graphical one in the main page that go to different locations
2) I'm not seeing how to show IVS lines on playback/live (I always liked that)
3) Playback on chrome is not smoothly transitioning between files so every event change causes a half second loading screen

It does seem like this is 100% ui upgrade from the previous firmware, no feature additions it feels like (or at least features i'd care about/found)

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
The 4.0 update popped up on my NVR yesterday, so I made sure I had the old firmware saved, then installed. Initially it went well and original settings seemed to port over ok.

Much time spent relearning where everything is, annoyingly 'video detection' is under 'Alarm' and 'IVS' is in a completely different area under 'AI'.

The ability to attach a photo to IVS tripwire alerts seems to have been removed, although it now tags emails with 'human' if a person walks past which is nice. I would prefer a photo though, so unless this ability comes back in an update I will probably roll back to 3.0 on that point alone.

My IVS lines show on playback/live no prob.

I agree with morelup, other than a different layout, I can't see any new features to get excited about at this stage.

Edit: When making changes such as turning camera alerts on and off seems its quite often necessary to reboot the NVR to get the changes to take...

Last edited:

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello have a question about the new firmware 4.0
Under Alarm > VIDEO Detection - Region SETTINGS i cant define the regiosn,

I see the image of the camera, with many lines.
I have the buttons Clear, Delete, OK Cancel. But can't define a region nothing happens.

The old settings didn't work, get no MOTION Change in the timeline.

thanks for help :D

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
I go Alarm/Video detection/Motion detect tab. Make sure you select the right channel from the drop down box, then hit 'setting' on the right. Move the mouse to the top of the screen, choose a colour and adjust sensitivity/threshold to suit your needs.
Then start clicking away in the squares to draw your region. If you see lines you may have some IVS tripwires set up as well?

I don't see the buttons clear, delete etc, not sure what screen your in there but might be different for other NVR's I guess.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You cant define the area without the camera image showing. That snap shows its not

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Screen Looks the Same of the camera Image shows.
I get some errors in the.javascript console.

These are the js error.
nvr_js.png

Last edited:

Julien84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've updated my NVR4108 to the latest available firmware (4.000.0000001.5) and motion detection doesn't works anymore.
Is motion detection image analysis provided by cam or nvr ? I'm not using brand Dahua IP cams (SV3C and Reolink).
I don't know if it's a compatibiliy issue or a firmware bug...

Thanks for help.