NVR 4116HS-4KS2 vs 4216 vs 5216

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've looked back and forth between the specs on this machine and the higher spec 42xx and 52xx series. I'm not finding anything which motivates me to spend more. Something in my gut is telling me I'm going to regret buying the baby NVR.

There are several throughput limits on the little entry level NVR, however my reading suggests that using H.265 will alleviate any problems with the 80mbps incoming limit and 10/100 Ethernet bottlenecks. The single SATA port doesn't limit my planned storage capacity.

Probably the only things I find attracting me to the 52xx is the comprehensive alarm connections... not that I currently have a plan to use them. The one thing I can't glean from the datasheets is whether the 41xx GUI, and features within, is going to leave me wanting.

Any discussion regarding the "Andy-vailable" range of NVRs is appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK... leaving out the unpopular 4116HS-4KS2, does anyone have any comments to sway a decision between the 4216-4KS2 and 5216-4KS2? The specs are almost indistinguishable from each other.

Cheers,
Steve

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the price difference for you?
About $190 vs $400 Aussie dollars... which is another Starlight turret into my system.

I've calculated on worst case data rates out of the cams, and with H.265 I don't envisage the 80mbps recording limit to become an issue for me. The alarm/relay connections are tempting, but if honest I'd probably never get around to using them.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Cheers, Steve