Nvr difererence

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
What difference between this 2 models dahua nvr5216-16p-i and dahua nvr5216-16p-i /l?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One is End of line, other I presume is newer.
"/L" is supposed to mean another thing, usually with the switch. But I don't know about that.

Anyway, website information.
One I guess is new given the star, the other is End Of Line (EOL).
Seems that this has firmware allocating more memory to facial recognition database and taking away from perimeter protection and faces per second.
Possible this compared version is a step down from the EOL one.
1624097189867.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, "EOL" stands for "End Of Life". An excerpt from Wikipeda:

"An end-of-life product (EOL product) is a product at the end of the product lifecycle which prevents users from receiving updates, indicating that the product is at the end of its useful life (from the vendor's point of view). At this stage, a vendor stops the marketing, selling, or provision of parts, services or software updates for the product."​

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, "EOL" stands for "End Of Life".
Suppose it depends on how you interrupt it.
My interpretation here for being 'End of production line'.

Then 'End of Line' is common in alarm and fire alarm systems for last device in a chain.

Then you could consider 'End of Life' as the product is no longer supported for updates.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interpret? Yes, of course....and anything is subject to misinterpretation if one does not consider all the clues readily available that render an accurate understanding.
Then 'End of Line' is common in alarm and fire alarm systems for last device in a chain.
But the brochure is not presenting anything about supervision current for a fire alarm or security panel ......It's about a NVR, a manufactured electronic device.

Based on the clear and present clues, IMO it's more accurate to state that "EOL" in this instance clearly stands for "End of Life".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My interpretation here for being 'End of production line'.

Then you could consider 'End of Life' as the product is no longer supported for updates.
It is 100 percent end of life. This is not an alarm circuit.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Both of them have meaning to a product discontinued and both have another meaning.

I use the term end of line for "end of line" for "end of production line". EOL for alarms is another example of the use.
I know this is an NVR.

Either way, both are right and both can be interpreted in other ways.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Both of them have meaning to a product discontinued and both have another meaning.

I use the term end of line for "end of line" for "end of production line". EOL for alarms is another example of the use.
I know this is an NVR.

No both are not right in this context. When dahua says Eol is means end of life. Two seconds on Google would have verified this. End of line is not used to describe products in this industry or in the tech field more broadly. LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
EoL ( End of Life) is the terminology that denotes when a piece of hardware or software is slated to be removed from Support (EoS) or security updates and/or is Superceded by a newer version of hardware or software or device. Cisco is one such device manufacturer. Products - End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Products
Products have life cycles, not line cycles.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Although I have worked on an assembly line in an ammunition factory. There is definitely and end of the production line. Yet you can also reach the end of the line, if you trip while carrying Shotgun Primers in from the drying house. ( They only found his shoes.)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're missing the point...in THIS context, both are NOT right. In THIS context, there is only one meaning and that is that "EOL" stands for "End Of Life".
And FWIW, I have no plans to continue this dance.....one could say that it's the "End of MY Line." :cool:

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
You're missing the point...in THIS context, both are NOT right. In THIS context, there is only one meaning and that is that "EOL" stands for "End Of Life".
And FWIW, I have no plans to continue this dance.....one could say that it's the "End of MY Line." :cool:
Hmm...
I dont understand Dahua End of Life...
The IPC-HDW5442TM-AS is also EoL (see dahua website) ... but it seems to be produced and Andy seems to send the camera... (according to reports here).

I ordered the AS last year his aliexpress store and there was a sticker on the box with the 5442TM-ASE as Model Number... the only "upgrade" seems to be ePOE ... but on the website of dahua ... it seems that it has now more AI/IVS features ? But i also have them on the AS version...

All in all... dahua and EoL ? Can be everything and nothing.

See...

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
it just means that dahua has stopped producing it..

Some suppliers keep or hoard stock for popular models when they are still in production...

You can still find the popular IPC-HDW5231R-ZE or IPC-HFW1831E if u know where to look for it.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A question about the thread. I have NVR4108-8p-4ks2 and i want to update the firmware. This product is EoL. Can i upgrade with the NVR4108-8p-4ks2/L so i continue to upgrade the firmware or i will stuck to the last firmware of the EoL product?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you want to upgrade the software ? If you can not answer this question in technical detail with a list of features you will get. Then DO NOT UPGRADE, this is not a pc.
If it is not broken do not fix it. Please read all the posts about people that upgrade and turn there equipment into bricks. Or people that upgrade and loose critical features.

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is just a though. After years may have something new for ai section. I use nvr series 4xxx and ai cameras.
So it is better not thinking about upgrade...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm...
I dont understand Dahua End of Life...
The IPC-HDW5442TM-AS is also EoL (see dahua website) ... but it seems to be produced and Andy seems to send the camera... (according to reports here).

I ordered the AS last year his aliexpress store and there was a sticker on the box with the 5442TM-ASE as Model Number... the only "upgrade" seems to be ePOE ... but on the website of dahua ... it seems that it has now more AI/IVS features ? But i also have them on the AS version...

All in all... dahua and EoL ? Can be everything and nothing.

See...

yes, the model we sell are all with ePOE, just make the model as simple as possible we just use -AS
The -AS is end of life 2 years ago.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The chips issue make lots of NVR end of life, not really end of life, it's lack of chips. The NVR with L is not as good as the none L one.
But have no choice.