NVR freezes

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi anyone experience NVR freezing. I installed an hikvison DS-7616NI-E2/16P. I checked and it already has the latest firmware.

What are my options?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi anyone experience NVR freezing. I installed an hikvison DS-7616NI-E2/16P. I checked and it already has the latest firmware.

What are my options?
Hi Shaids,

Can you access the syslogs?

Sometimes that will help give you useful information

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it rebooting when it freezes? I had this problem about a year ago. It would freeze, then reboot a few seconds later. I firmware update fixed it for me

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it rebooting when it freezes? I had this problem about a year ago. It would freeze, then reboot a few seconds later. I firmware update fixed it for me
I contacted Hikvision support and they also recommended a firmware upgrade which I did. Lasted for 3 days and then it started all over again. So last Friday, I replaced it with a new NVR thinking the NVR had the issues but gave the same result. So my conclusion is that it might be a hard disk issue.

BTW, after reboot it would work for maybe 2, 3, 4, maybe 5 hours it depends and they freezes. Even the mouse pointer doesn't work.

Will check the hard disk and replace tomorrow and see how that goes. Am using the WD Purple 4T hard disk for surveillance.

Thanks
Shadi

Gregorek83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, have managed to solve freezing issues ? Im facing same and would Luke to know howvto fix it

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, have managed to solve freezing issues ? Im facing same and would Luke to know howvto fix it
In the NVR web GUI, if it's a Hikvision NVR, check out the SMART attributes in the Storage menu.
That will give a good indication of whether the HDD has a problem.