NVR microphone questions.

ron_tattoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I am new in the ipcam word so excuse me if I have newbie questions. (English not my prime language)

I want to expand my current setup with high-quality audio and I would like to have recommendations from you.

I spent hours of research on how to connect a microphone to the NVR and I am still a bit confused.

The things what I want to achieve:

• Two-Way Audio (also recording on the video footage, working with the DMSS app, and web browser )
  • If extra camera needed I want to have with built-in mic and speaker, also PoE connection. The audio quality is my priority, the video is secondary.
  • How I make the mic-in mic-out RCA working on the back of the NVR?
  • How do these mics work? Can I use them?

My current setup:
Recorder:
1 x NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Cameras:
4 x IPC-HFW1831E - 2,8 mm
1 x IPC-HFW1831E - 4 mm
1 x IPC-HFW1831E - 6 mm

Thank you if you help me out.
Have a great day.
Ron

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trying the same thing basically with no real luck. Mic Out on the NVR is for powered speakers like you would use for a computer. Plug either red or white from the speaker to the Mic out on the NVR. Maybe tape the unused one to keep it from shorting against anything. The speaker will play sounds during NVR search playback. You can also hear the voice from someone talking on the smarttphone with GDMSS and the blue mic symbol pressed (and wait for it to connect. Sound is delayed when coming from a smartphone. Don't think the NVR records this (not on mine at least). Talking into the mic on the camera...you can hear it on the speakers connected to the NVR immediately and the NVR records it (playback during search). NOW - trying to talk into a powered microphone plugged in to the "mic in" on the NVR and hearing it on the speaker of a remote camera..have NOT been able to get it to work.