NVR Monitoring Software

Reaction score
Hello!
Does anyone know of a 3rd party software that monitors the performance of multiple NVR systems.
Basically I'm looking for a consolidated dashboard of metrics for many NVRs (blueiris, motioneye). Metrics such as disk usage, uptime, date of most recent clips etc.
I know there are many network monitors such as PRTG but I'm looking for something that goes beyond a simple ping/health check and digs into the actual NVR software itself.
Does anyone know of a solution like this? Thanks!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello!
Does anyone know of a 3rd party software that monitors the performance of multiple NVR systems.
Basically I'm looking for a consolidated dashboard of metrics for many NVRs (blueiris, motioneye). Metrics such as disk usage, uptime, date of most recent clips etc.
I know there are many network monitors such as PRTG but I'm looking for something that goes beyond a simple ping/health check and digs into the actual NVR software itself.
Does anyone know of a solution like this? Thanks!
For a Windows operating system WMI is something to consider. SNMP continues to be used in both Windows / Linux operating systems but relies heavily on MIB / OID being exposed or identified. If your environment can set up a instance of Linux / Debian running a Promethues, Grafana server that has the Node Exporter add-on.

You can obtain almost every metric that a WMI / SNMP machine offers.

Almost all of the larger security vendors offer some kind of IVS that use the Linux operating system and have SNMP running to obtain telemetrics of the system. Every platform is missing something for someone so more than one network monitor will need to be deployed. :thumb:

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PRTG, CheckMK, OMD-Labs,... can handle that, but blueiris does not provide an api like unifi protect, zoneminder or the bigger enterprise soltuions.

But with some effort you can simple use regular expressions against the BI logfiles and get the basic informations out of it. Like how often it detects motion or a specific object like a car.

All the named monitoring solutions provide an agent, simple install it on the target system any you can read any local logfiles (including windows eventlogs). You could write a custom logfile for triggers/watchdogs or fire http requests against the monitoring api and trigger events in that way. The same works well with deepstack logs or the classic "AI-Tool" for Blueiris.