jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did an upgrade and stuck with image embedded NVR

how do i recover?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you perhaps elaborate further? model number? firmware version? what steps you took... you are so vague that you've basically asked "why is the ..." and that's it.

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct
DS-7616N-E2/8P upgraded to 3.3.4 and getting this.
Any ideas?
Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just done the same thing mate lol, There is something wrong with it. I just fully powered down and tftp 3.3.2 back on, till I find a working copy.

all ok on 3.3.2

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just done the same thing mate lol, There is something wrong with it. I just fully powered down and tftp 3.3.2 back on, till I find a working copy.

all ok on 3.3.2
how did u tftp?
is there any particular tftp i should use?

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok am back using 3.3.2

something wrong with the 3.3.4 on europe site

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Totally something a miss with it, the Chinese fw is fine if done by usb upgrade, but the Europe site fw hangs at the splash screen then reboots.

how did you install @alastairstevenson usb over current to stay English or tftp?

Last edited by a moderator:

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Totally something a miss with it, the Chinese fw is fine if done by usb upgrade, but the Europe site fw hangs at the splash screen then reboots.

how did you install @alistairstevenson usb over current to stay English or tftp?

are u saying u got 3.3.4 working?

I get firmware mismatch

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK seems fine using direct firmware from Chinese site with no modifications

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
how did you install @alastairstevenson usb over current to stay English or tftp?
I used the web admin maintenance page - mainly so it would maintain / upgrade the device configuration and save me having to set it up all over again.
Whilst watching it carefully via the serial console ...

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any idea where the virtual host setting would be on 3.3.4? I can't see so just wondering whether I had the option now with the latest firmware.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never seen virtual host on any of the varied firmware from 3.0.8 to 3.3.4 I've used on the 7816N-E2
It's a mystery to me how it appears.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please don't think I'm being snarky, but why would you upgrade firmware when there isn't something wrong with the NVR? It just seems risky and problematic... isn't the old adage of if it ain't broke, don't fix it, applicable?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
One reason to look at upgrades is the expectation of useful new features.
As a for example, something that I'd value in the NVR web GUI is a playback timeline for continuous recording that is marked with the camera events such as intrusion detection and line crossing detection, such as exists in QNAP Surveillance Station. It does exist in the NVR VGA/HDMI access, so it might be reasonable to expect the code to be added to the web GUI as a useful enhancement. That expectation has not yet been met.

We all know that we can't rely much on Hikvision's change logs to document all useful changes, they don't go into enough detail for people to make an informed decision about whether an upgrade would be worth doing.
Significant changes that I've seen in recent NVR firmware versions include for example dropping ONVIF support, enhanced support for configuring actions for smart video analytics events, HTTPS support, channel zero support, digital zoom on playback, enforced improved authentication measures, a fresh-looking style etc.
Plus simple curiosity, and time to explore.

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

all ok on 3.3.2
3.3.4 ok. There is something wrong with NVR )

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chinese version all fine on the 7800 series, but not the Euro verison with flag changed. Maybe be a counter measure for Hikvision.

xnay

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct
DS-7616N-E2/8P upgraded to 3.3.4 and getting this.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Is it me, or are most of the replies comparing apples to oranges here. The box you want to upgrade is a 7616, and all of the success replies are using a 7800 series box. The link to the 3.3.4 firmware does not show any support for the 7600 series, yes the 7800 series, but not the 7600 series. I would imagine that's why the type mismatch, and the no luck upgrading to the 3.3.4 I sure as heck wouldn't try upgrading my 7608N-E2/8P or your 7616N-E2/8P with that firmware, that's just asking for problems IMO. Maybe, I'm wrong??

Last edited by a moderator: