NVR that supports Main Stream for Live View?

AlexH

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a 8 channel NVR on the market that is capable of displaying Live view at full resolution (main stream) or at least a better resolution instead of the crappy Sub stream? Thx.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most Hikvision models do. The data sheets on their website will show the output capabilities. You can set what displays in the view options - Sub Stream, Main Stream or Auto (will show sub stream in split screen mode and automatically switch to main stream when in full screen)

AlexH

n3wb
Reaction score
(will show sub stream in split screen mode and automatically switch to main stream when in full screen)
Sorry I actually meant is there a way to see the split screen mode in main stream, the split screen looks so horrible at sub stream.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I actually meant is there a way to see the split screen mode in main stream, the split screen looks so horrible at sub stream.
On a 24" Hi def monitor with the screen split in 9, not much different view between sub and main, its probably a crappy monitor, check your output settings. Do you have decent cameras? You did not mention what kind of gear you currently are using.

AlexH

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using various 2MP Hikvision cameras with a very affordable Provision-ISR NVR, the NVR is strictly used as a viewing interface only I don't use the recording function, for recording I have a sever. The monitor is a 23" FullHD. When I login into the web interface of the NVR I can actually adjust the split view to use the main stream in the browser but on the NVR's display output it only uses the sub stream. Is there perhaps a NVR that would support main stream split on at least 4 channels that can be recommend? Nothing too fancy I only need a viewing solution.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I took a look at Provision, Seems they are a oem re-seller of some Dahua stuff judging from the interface views on the website, can you confirm the Model. If that is true, the model I saw had VGA and HDMI video outputs. Just double check the Video Output interface setting, you can normally adjust the output resolution UP or Down Depending on what your monitor will handle. In The Dahua's Setup----> System------> Display, yours may vary depending who made it.

display.JPG