Nvr to monitor (wifi)

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have my NVR in a room, and i want to connect a monitor to It,but, in another room. Is it possible to connect It via wifi? For example a wifi dongle to connect one to the monitor and one to the NVR, it exist or It is Just a fantasy?
Otherwise, Any way to connect the monitor without using meters and meters of cable?

Thank you

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but they can be expensive and not provide the best performance if interference with other wireless devices/networks occur.
This one at amazon has a reasonable rating but more important, it's likely you can return it if you're not satisfied (at least the U.S. amazon allows that).

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, but they can be expensive and not provide the best performance if interference with other wireless devices/networks occur.
This one at amazon has a reasonable rating but more important, it's likely you can return it if you're not satisfied (at least the U.S. amazon allows that).
Great, so it's not my fantasy it exist eheheh :D Thank you for the tip :)

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Matt-one,

I have a remote monitor in my kitchen, to conveniently view what's going on outside.
Wiring a monitor to the NVR would involve difficult wiring.
I connected a wireless router to the NVR. it provides:
- WiFi connection to gDMSS on my cell phone, so I can locally view any camera.
- WiFi connection to an old (unused) laptop running SmartPSS. This small laptop is on a table, next to the kitchen, for a full-screen view of my 5 cams.

This approach was cheaper than buying a somehwat specialized point-to-point product. And more flexible. Plus, using a wifi router delivers other features/benefits.
The wifi router is on another wifi channels, with different SSID, so the streaming of 5 cams of video doesn't impact my regular home WiFi network.

Good luck! And hoping the recent severe weather isn't affecting you!
In bocca al lupo,

Fastb

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Matt-one,

I have a remote monitor in my kitchen, to conveniently view what's going on outside.
Wiring a monitor to the NVR would involve difficult wiring.
I connected a wireless router to the NVR. it provides:
- WiFi connection to gDMSS on my cell phone, so I can locally view any camera.
- WiFi connection to an old (unused) laptop running SmartPSS. This small laptop is on a table, next to the kitchen, for a full-screen view of my 5 cams.

This approach was cheaper than buying a somehwat specialized point-to-point product. And more flexible. Plus, using a wifi router delivers other features/benefits.
The wifi router is on another wifi channels, with different SSID, so the streaming of 5 cams of video doesn't impact my regular home WiFi network.

Good luck! And hoping the recent severe weather isn't affecting you!
In bocca al lupo,

Fastb
I can study also this something like this, thank you for your tip :)
Here in my city the weather is luckily still good hehe :)
Thank you and in bocca al lupo to you too :)

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You have a few options, I have explored all kinds of options already. I have an NVR in the attic (3rd floor) and I have a live view monitor in the first floor. I ran a HDMI over cat5e.
Previously, I was using an iPad with an app called Live Cams Pro.You can also use TinyCam Pro on android which is one of the best surveillance app cams I've seen.
You can also do wireless HDMI, they have those. I haven't seen an HDMI "over wifi" rather it's a proprietary wifi signal. A true HDMI over wifi means that the device encodes the HDMI signal, across any wireless router, a receiver device connected to the wireless router, then decodes it, and then displays it on HDMI. If that were possible, you could HDMI over the internet and to a remote site. But all the devices out there are more localized wireless HDMI with their own proprietary wireless signal.