NVR4108-8P-4KS2 delay when switching camera streams?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could tell me what could be causing a pause in camera streams opening back up when changing views on the NVR. Basically, this happens when I am trying to change the camera viewed in the big window.

NVR.jpg

geezer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same NVR w/o the POE ports. Most of the cameras are Dahua 3 or 4 MP. The only lag I see when switching views is the one cheap ONVIF cam. Very slow to appear, maybe 4 seconds.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could tell me what could be causing a pause in camera streams opening back up when changing views on the NVR. Basically, this happens when I am trying to change the camera viewed in the big window.

View attachment 30241
FYI - note the more affordable NVRs have less processing power, so you can expect them to be less performant than NVRs which are more expensive.

This is also true when you go from a 8 port to a 16 port NVR - the 16 port NVR typically has more horsepower to handle 2x more video feeds.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the same NVR w/o the POE ports. Most of the cameras are Dahua 3 or 4 MP. The only lag I see when switching views is the one cheap ONVIF cam. Very slow to appear, maybe 4 seconds.
Ah, Good point. I have a few ACTI cameras working in ONVIF that could def be causing this issue.

FYI - note the more affordable NVRs have less processing power, so you can expect them to be less performant than NVRs which are more expensive.

This is also true when you go from a 8 port to a 16 port NVR - the 16 port NVR typically has more horsepower to handle 2x more video feeds.
Actually, I forgot this is the NVR4116-8P-4KS2 16 channel version of the NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with 8 POE. Is there a difference in hardware from the two?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I forgot this is the NVR4116-8P-4KS2 16 channel version of the NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with 8 POE. Is there a difference in hardware from the two?
Hi rufunky,

There should be some difference to account for the load of 16 cameras vs 8 cameras.

Faster CPU maybe, more memory certainly, ...