NVR4108-8P-4KS2 disabled facial recognition with T5442TM-AS

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on a problem i'm having.

I purchased 6 x IPC-T5442TM-AS and a NVR4108-8P-4KS2 from Andy (legend) and am having issues getting the facial recognition to work directly through the web Interface.

Currently the option is present in the NVR but all the functions are greyed out and will not enable, where as on the Camera web interface the option is not present.

What have i missed that is preventing this function from working?

Attachments

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What made you think this camera supported "facial recognition"?

Reaction score
When i was researching camera's i believe there was something i read saying it supported FR, however if i am wrong then that would explain why the function is not available.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if you turn off "IVS"? If I recall correctly, if you enable IVS, FR/FD does not work anymore.

Reaction score
No it does not, i went back through the spec's and cannot find anything stating it supports that feature.

Never mind, i'm thinking i've probably gotten this camera confused with another one while i was researching. Guess I'll chalk it up as a lesson learnt.

Thanks folks.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The included snapshot with the alert notifications in the iDMSS app is quite good at capturing what triggered the IVS - showing picture of the person that crossed the rule line.