NVR5208-8P-4KS2 with wifi usb dongle won't connect.

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Ralink RT5370 USB wifi dongle for my Dahau NVR5208-8P-4KS2 and when plugged into the NVR it picks up all the routers in the vicinity. I entered all of my security information and it will not connect to the router. I tried both static and DHCP, and neither would connect.

Has anybody have a USB wifi dongle working in their Dahua NVR?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

BTW, the reason I am trying a wifi dongle is because I cannot physically run Ethernet cable from the NVR to the router.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Ralink RT5370 USB wifi dongle for my Dahau NVR5208-8P-4KS2 and when plugged into the NVR it picks up all the routers in the vicinity. I entered all of my security information and it will not connect to the router. I tried both static and DHCP, and neither would connect.

Has anybody have a USB wifi dongle working in their Dahua NVR?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

BTW, the reason I am trying a wifi dongle is because I cannot physically run Ethernet cable from the NVR to the router.
Hi @Nick70068

Do expect complications when attempting to do undocumented setups on any embedded device like the NVRs or Cameras.

In this case they are running a variant of linux and most certainly have a subset as well as modifications of what you would typically see on a Linux desktop.

I would guess that the NVR does not have the drivers to support random wifi usb hardware.

Last edited: