NVR5216-16P-4KS2 - can't load plugin for web service

skipdup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just received my NVR from Andy. Just trying to get my feet wet as this is my first go...

I have the NVR running with one camera attached. But when I try and connect via computer(i.e. web service), it tells me to load plugin. I click "install", but it brings up a 404 Not Found error.

Can anyone offer some advice? I searched, but found nothing...

Many thanks!!!
Skip

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just received my NVR from Andy. Just trying to get my feet wet as this is my first go...

I have the NVR running with one camera attached. But when I try and connect via computer(i.e. web service), it tells me to load plugin. I click "install", but it brings up a 404 Not Found error.

Can anyone offer some advice? I searched, but found nothing...

Many thanks!!!
Skip
use internet explorer

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
open an IE browser, click on tools on your menu bar, go to the bottom and click on internet options, click on the security tab, click on custom level for this zone. This will open another window with check boxes. Go down several selections until you get to the Active-x controls and plug ins section. There are 13 selections there, make sure they all are checked as enabled or prompt, whichever is recommended. Save and apply, then try reloading your browser and going to your IP address and down loading the plug ins. You can change your security settings back once the plug-ins are installed.

skipdup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IE Explorer did the trick. I knew better. Guess I was too excited getting the new cameras.
Thanks to both of you!!