NVR5232-4KS2 stuttering

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I bought NVR5232-4KS2 from @EMPIRETECANDY and replaced my generic Chinese NVR that worked with 8 generic (outdated) 1.3 Mpx cameras. It detected all cameras and added them without problem (onvif).

Problem is that live preview stops, once a minute or two, for about 5-10s. When I change main camera that is displayed on TV the rest of them need quite a bit of time to start playing. I checked playback but it's skipping 5-15s of video just like in live preview.

Ethernet has 1 Gbps connection, CPU ~3%. When I plug old NVR back in, it works just fine.

What should I do to determine the cause of problem?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Kutalon,
your full setup might require some diagram/topology:
- are your cams connected to POE ports on the NVR or remain on their existing POE switch port
- how are your ips configured (eg cams/nvr)?
- what settings do your cams have (1.3Mpx does not say anything about fps, codec, bitrate etc)?
- can you measure actual bandwidth usage on your network?
- what kind of disks did you install in the nvr?

Good luck!
CC

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar
- are your cams connected to POE ports on the NVR or remain on their existing POE switch port
cameras connected to two unmanaged switches (+ 12V power) connected to router, NVR connected to router and TV
Static IPs for cameras and NVR
- what settings do your cams have (1.3Mpx does not say anything about fps, codec, bitrate etc)?
960p, 25 FPS, H.264, VBR 5120 Kb/s
NVR shows ~30 Mbps, there should be no other significant traffic. Direct video from cameras is fine.
I plugged both NVRs at the same time and viewed the old one from laptop app. Video from old one was fine.
WD Purple 4TB, but without HDD it was the same

I have 3 HDW2231R ZS that I may be able to hook up tomorrow and check how those work.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@catcamstar
cameras connected to two unmanaged switches (+ 12V power) connected to router, NVR connected to router and TV
NVR shows ~30 Mbps, there should be no other significant traffic. Direct video from cameras is fine.
I plugged both NVRs at the same time and viewed the old one from laptop app. Video from old one was fine.

I have 3 HDW2231R ZS that I may be able to hook up tomorrow and check how those work.
If used with old cams, better to update the old cams into the latest new firmware, and manual add the cams via H.264 only. Dahua NVR not work well with small brands cameras, we get some complaint for this, so better use all with same brand in one system.

Arecont Vision, Airlive, AXIS, Canon, Dynacolor, JVC, LG, Panasonic, Pelco, PSIA, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, Watchnet

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar

I find 25fps rather high... Like @EMPIRETECANDY wrote: try to upgrade your existing cams, and create a testbench with your latest HDW's to check if NVR is doing crazy or not.

Good luck!
CC