odd Export behavior

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so I have BI set to record my 7 or 8 cameras using raw, the nto-so-important cameras have substreams enabled but the important one or two don't, including the one I'm dealing with here.

I select a recorded video on the left column of such. I move the green and red markers to the start and end of the segment I want of this few minute long video. right click, "Convert/Export" ... sometimes, it says at the bottom that its going to respect those markeres, but other times, the bottom is blank, and it doesn't, it converts the whole video ignoring my In and Out markers. um whats going on here???

core i7-6700 16GB ram win10 pro with recent updates. miniimal system install with just BlueIris and a few utilitiy programs I like. Currently BI 5.4.9.18, but its done this for several releases.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running a similar machine but with 8 GB ram, save BI version. I exported a couple yesterday, and have not noticed this at all. I always set the start/stop points in the video, not by dragging. That is, I stop the video, right click, hit Set "Start (End) Frame", repeat for the end, and go on.

Edit:. SAME BI version!

Last edited:

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok, it seems if I right click > Convert/Export... on the thumbnail in the left hand 'clips' column, it ignores the start/end markers, but if I right click the video itself, Convert/Export, it uses them