Odd issue where app can connect remtoely on Cell but on home WiFi can't connect?

bobross

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't figure this out.

When I'm remote on cell, I can use the app to view my feed, etc. When my phone is connected to my internal WiFi network (the same one BI is on) I keep getting can't reach server error. If I view the BI on a browser, I can access the web interface locally too. It's like just my WiFi is blocking something...?

I went through the remote wizard and everything is checking out ok. "LAN Only" is also unchecked in user settings.

I'm on the latest Android.

Any ideas what is going on here?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't figure this out.

When I'm remote on cell, I can use the app to view my feed, etc. When my phone is connected to my internal WiFi network (the same one BI is on) I keep getting can't reach server error. If I view the BI on a browser, I can access the web interface locally too. It's like just my WiFi is blocking something...?

I went through the remote wizard and everything is checking out ok. "LAN Only" is also unchecked in user settings.

I'm on the latest Android.

Any ideas what is going on here?
Its a nat loopback issue with your modem router combo. Enter your wan ip in the lan box.