Odd Neighbor Terrorizing My Cats!!!

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This guy appears to be a little off. . . Not only does he come on to my porch, but chases the cats onto the neighbors porch.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cat seems to be more avoiding than terrorized.
Maybe it's because he knows he can out run the fat boy. :D
Either way I'd want to know what was up with the guy...

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Certainly ... odd ...

At least the cat seems to not trust strangers :)

(video won't play past 00:49, will try again later)

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He did it again, today, while I was watching the live feed from work. The motion trigger didn't fire, though. Sad Face. I'm wondering if he wants to eat my cats. . .

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know where he lives?
"Excuse me but the neighbors tell me you are chasing my cat..."

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same time of day?
Maybe time to talk to the neighbors to keep an eye out too. That there's been somebody on your porch, and theirs going after your cat.
It could innocently-ish be someone in mental decline, who can't have pets, lost a cat, who knows, wandering around on a daily walk. But it would be one thing for a known good neighbor to be friendly with your cat, it is quite another for a stranger with health issues to come onto your porch and approach your cat two days in a row. You don't want a cat-napping and you don't want that person to fall on your property.

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks to me like you have an outdoor, free-roaming cat. Some folks feed birds and other wildlife that cats naturally prey on and do not like free-roaming domestic animals on their property. No idea if that guy falls into this category of person, but at any rate he has no right to be on your property. I suspect that if you ask him about it you might get an ear full of 'stuff' about cats coming onto his property, but again that's just a guess.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well technically there is nothing illegal with walking up to your front door and then leaving; he didn't cross any barrier that indicated to him he was trespassing.

but it is still very creepy and weird; he seems harmless.. if he was chasing them away he'd be done once they were out of his yard; I am betting he is old and lonely and enjoys the company of your cats, if even from a distance.

might pin a note on your porch; Neighbor chasing my cats; her name is XXXX and she likes belly rubs and kitty treats.

Could always put a camera on your cat; it could very well have several families on the side you dont know about ;)

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll increase the sensitivity tomorrow and check it again to see what happens. :cat:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Crittercam! Crittercam!
With gps tracking, live video broadcast and web streaming :satellite:

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks funny, but seriously...

If it was my cat I would confront the guy in a joking kind of way (to avoid conflict) and get a bead on his intent. Cat's are pretty smart and if your cat is friendly around most people I would take this as a sign that his intent might be undesirable.

Tiger