Ok Grrrrr time for clean install.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
this weekend crashing cycle is getting old. Today after I unF&$#@d my System, I did a Reset this PC. Wrong answer. It came all brand new and shiny with about 14 HP Bloatwares. Not gonna cut it.
Built a May 2021 Windows 10 USB drive from Microsofts media creation tool. total reset tomorrow at work Hell or Highwater.
grrrrrrrr.jpg

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Clean install of Windows 10 today.
Followed by an immediate installation of the May 13 version of blue iris.
Installed all 14 cameras from scratch instead of possibly goofing things up with a backed up .reg file.
Shitcanned the western digital 5 TB and put all 14 cameras on the WD 8 TB surveillance drive. set up my motion and recording but what I didn’t notice is that when you click JPEG’s now in the new version the default is continuous JPEG’s so I had my CPU at 98% couldn’t figure out why. until I went back in and Unclicked continuous to when triggered. Now it seems like a happy camper. tomorrow will tell the tale.BC73A2D7-7E3F-4F95-A35C-770EB04455B2.jpeg

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
this weekend crashing cycle is getting old. Today after I unF&$#@d my System, I did a Reset this PC. Wrong answer. It came all brand new and shiny with about 14 HP Bloatwares. Not gonna cut it.
Built a May 2021 Windows 10 USB drive from Microsofts media creation tool. total reset tomorrow at work Hell or Highwater.
View attachment 90567
Fresh install of W9x twice a year worked wonders... but it was a daunting task. Enjoy the 'new' machine

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, Thing GD thing was still running this Am. However, when I went on the Web to download Net time, the motherF&*&^$#@ Windows update declared that a restart was pending.
Ok what the hell. Im clean and Lean, at least I know where I stand.
Reboot.
creeping CPU Utilization. up to 75%
Ctrl Alt Del
task mgr.
CXUiU.exe 35% CPU utilization.
Chase down that.
It's fucking Synaptics HD Audio running some bullshit software.
kill process, find file. delete file.
Check cameras for Audio, werkin. Fuck you Synaptics. Grrrrr @ HP.
and so I wonder if Dell's audio chipsets suffer the same fate.
Cpu back to 21%