On Screen Clock Color

EdF

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I change the font/color/size/location of the "live view" clock? Can't seem to find it. I know I did it once before long ago.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Most cameras don't let you customize the timestamp overlay that much.

If you're using Blue Iris's overlay, go to Camera Properties > Video tab. Near the bottom there is an "Enable overlays" checkbox and an "Edit…" button just to the right of that. Click Edit. A new panel should appear, showing a snapshot with your overlay in it. You can drag it around and resize it here. Right-click on the timestamp and a panel should appear allowing you to modify the text, font, color, background, etc.

EdF

n3wb
Reaction score

If you're using Blue Iris's overlay, go to Camera Properties > Video tab. Near the bottom there is an "Enable overlays" checkbox and an "Edit…" button just to the right of that. Click Edit. A new panel should appear, showing a snapshot with your overlay in it. You can drag it around and resize it here. Right-click on the timestamp and a panel should appear allowing you to modify the text, font, color, background, etc.

Thank you! I had used that ages ago but had no recollection where it was.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score

Using the BI overlays - wouldn't that require re-encoding rather than direct-to-disk?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the past, yes, but if you use BVR format you can have BI add the timestamps during playback. However exporting with timestamps will require re-encoding which makes it slow and reduces quality.