Onboard analytics

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone had good experiences with IP cams that have built-in (onboard analytics)? It seems many analytic features require server side assistance, but technology is progressing. Any particular brand/models that have superior onboard analytics for less than $700.00?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, I can't recommend a cam, but I was wondering what type of analytics would you interesting and what would be the use of it?

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
facial recognition, people counting, removed objects. I know ACTi has a few cams that can do some of the simple analytics, but most complicated (facial recognition) analytics require a NVR or server side assistance.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua has Intelligent Video Surveillance (IVS), I have a pair of cams with such features on there way and a NVR that supports being triggered by them.. I hear the facial detection and people counting work well but I dont think you can have multiple analytics working at the same time... ie, its only looking for faces or missing objects, not both.

Both of the cameras I have coming were under $200 each, 4MP.. if they work well I have a couple more cameras i'd like to get.

I believe some Hikvision cameras have similar features for the same price point.. the only analytics I have not seen on any affordable cameras is ALPR, those are still in the >$500 range.