One camera to mount left ( kitchen + living room) location suggestions?

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey
I have 1 last camera to mount. I want it in my kitchen / living space

THere are 2 viable locations pics below. Do you guys think there is any better location out of these ?

I am standing ( taking the photo) at each far end of the room. I have marked 2 possible locations in one corner in each photo

One is facing the back of the living area
The other one is facing the kitchen area

They might both be just as good and be personal preferenceIMG_20200402_203852.jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200402203927045_COVER.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like the location for the one on the wall to the right of the ductless mini-split but I'd move the one in the kitchen to the opposite wall, to the left of clock area, to keep an eye on the sliding door and kitchen window. You could protect the cam from glare of the one ceiling can light if need be.

The other issue with how they are currently located is that their IR is somewhat pointed toward each other and that may affect nighttime performance.

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the location for the one on the wall to the right of the ductless mini-split but I'd move the one in the kitchen to the opposite wall, to the left of clock area, to keep an eye on the sliding door and kitchen window. You could protect the cam from glare of the one ceiling can light if need be.

The other issue with how they are currently located is that their IR is somewhat pointed toward each other and that may affect nighttime performance.
Hi
THanks for your input. I will only put 1 camera up in this area though. The pictures were 2 possible locations for one camera

saying that I do have an issue with IR reflection with the neighbours camera. I put the camera up and the neighbour put his up faciing my camera a few weeks later. Now I get huge IR reflections going on. I have drilled a hole into the brick already so dont want to move it now due to exposing a huge ugly hole and a patch would look crap

This is for outside. I will show you a photo later once I connected everything back up again ( doing some maintenance on the home network right now)