One of my Amcrest camera's keep dropping signal

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my Amcrest camera's keep dropping signal on Blue Iris. When I look at the properties it shows no signal but it is showing 1.5 FPS. The camera is hardwired CAT-5E, with a AMCREST POE+ switch. When I access it from my iPhone on a mobile Amcrest program it works just fine. It is a Amcrest ip2m-848W camera. I've been using this camera on Blue Iris for over a year with no problems. It only started messing up after upgrading to Blue Iris V5.0. I have used IP Scan to make sure there are no other network conflicts with the IP address I am using. I can go unplug or reset the camera and it will work for about two days and do the same thing all over again! Also when using the google web browsers to view the camera it keeps popping up a red icon at the upper right of the screen saying Relay-Out, but I think that is just detecting the motion on the camera and is sending it to the relay-out for the alarm. One last thought. It is right at 100 degrees out could that be locking up the camera? I have two of these IP2M-858W camera's and the other one is working just fine. Both camera's are configured the same way. Just realized the Wifi was turned on on this camera. I have sense shut the Wifi off. Wonder if that could have been the problem. One last thing, I checked the SD card in the camera and it continued to record the whole time which is weird if the camera was down. Any idea's?

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just came across something else odd. When I look at the status window all 21 camera's show an IP address. Out of the 21 only one has a extension on it and it is the camera I am having the signal drop out on. The IP shows 192.168.155:554. Any idea's what the :554 means?

Thank you,

Skinny1

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just came across something else odd. When I look at the status window all 21 camera's show an IP address. Out of the 21 only one has a extension on it and it is the camera I am having the signal drop out on. The IP shows 192.168.155:554. Any idea's what the :554 means?

Thank you,

Skinny1
554 is the rtsp port...delete it from the ip box

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
East Driveway
554 is the rtsp port...delete it from the ip box
Delete it from the Media/Video/RTSP port box? This is the only place that it is showing in Blue Iris. Also all the other camera's are showing this to in this same box.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
East Driveway

Delete it from the Media/Video/RTSP port box? This is the only place that it is showing in Blue Iris. Also all the other camera's are showing this to in this same box.
no, you indicated that it is showing in the ip box, just delete the camera in blue iris and start over.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it is showing up in the status window next to the IP address (192.168.1.155:554). Not the IP box.
Delete the camera and start over you can import settings from one of your other cameras and just change the IP and camera name

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman, I deleted the camera and started over. It is still dropping on the new version of BI5. I can access the camera from outside the network fine, with no issues but about every two days Blue Iris 5 is dropping the camera. It shows up in Blue Iris but is only 1.5 frames per second with no video. This is a weird one. I have to go unplug the camera's power and it'll return to normal. I have changed the IP address on the camera thinking that was the issue but that didn't work either. Any other idea's? Could it be the new 16 port switch I just installed? The other camera's are working fine.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could you physically move the troublesome cam to the location of a working one (swap locations)?
If not, can you temporarily run a new working cable out to it?

The intent is to determine if the problem is the cable / termination.