OnHub with a two NIC BI PC

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And it still wouldn't be able to handle my dozens of wireless devices. I use four Access Points to make sure I never have any speed or congestion issues. And that I always have an excellent signal strength with all my wireless devices. Especially with nine of my cameras constantly sending data over wifi.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
And it still wouldn't be able to handle my dozens of wireless devices. I use four Access Points to make sure I never have any speed or congestion issues. And that I always have an excellent signal strength with all my wireless devices. Especially with nine of my cameras constantly sending data over wifi.
Cool, What kind of cameras? I want to do 4-6 outside and am debating POEs.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool, What kind of cameras? I want to do 4-6 outside and am debating POEs.
I have two of the 4mm Hikvision 3.0MP DS-2CD2332-I cameras and four of the 2.8 mm Hikvision 3.0MP DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras over wireless(using wireless bridges at 5Ghz). As well as eight other cameras that are 720P or 480P(three over wifi). This weekend I hope to replace most of the 480P cameras with three more of the 2.8 mm Hikvision 3.0MP DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras. If my POE adapters arrive by USPS tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
mmm wireless bridge is not something I like doing, but 5ghz is underutilized. had a plumbing leak and now I have holes in sheetrock on two floors so I'm thinking run cat6 but I never did it for outside just to keystone plates on sheetrock.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
mmm wireless bridge is not something I like doing, but 5ghz is underutilized. had a plumbing leak and now I have holes in sheetrock on two floors so I'm thinking run cat6 but I never did it for outside just to keystone plates on sheetrock.
Run the cable, you won't be sorry...

Sent via Taptalk

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Run the cable, you won't be sorry...

Sent via Taptalk
Yes believe you, after its done and working, few questions.
1)my siding is vinyl, so is the hole just big enough for cable, or do I make if for box
2) do these cameras come with nice box
3) one I'll run under a deck and point back to door entrance to basement, does that mean metal conduit?
4) what kind of connector at end? do cameras come with 2 connectors, one on camera side and one (opposite sex) I attach to cable I ran?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes believe you, after its done and working, few questions.
1)my siding is vinyl, so is the hole just big enough for cable, or do I make if for box
2) do these cameras come with nice box
3) one I'll run under a deck and point back to door entrance to basement, does that mean metal conduit?
4) what kind of connector at end? do cameras come with 2 connectors, one on camera side and one (opposite sex) I attach to cable I ran?
1) You can make a hole large enough for the ethernet portion of the pigtail, then shove everything in the wall, or depending on the camera use a siding block like this to give you more room behind the camera http://www.amazon.com/Arlington-8141-1-Vertical-Siding-Mounting/dp/B002W6ZOCO, or this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQUR2Y/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002W6ZOCO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQ703H73QXVG6C6NHE2 (cut a hole in in a stiff cables behind it after wapping in coax tape.
You can also use a manufacturer junction box that matched the camera exactly and look nice...or use a plastic junction box from home depot.
2) Most cameras dont come with the box, its sold separately.
3) You really dont need conduit, staple the cable under the deck and it will be fine..if you plan on running on the ground the use direct burial cable ...if you want to use conduit use pvc...make sure its drains properly or it will be worse than no conduit...
4) the camera has a female rj45 connection...
Most importantly, dont buy crap cable...make sure its solid copper not copper clad aluminium (CCA), buy from a reputable place not ebay.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score