Only Records For 1 Second - No Trigger Recording

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Installed BI a few days ago to play with a single 2032 camera. I could record manually then but no motion detection.

Since clicking and playing, I have managed to get the software so screwed up that I can only record for 1 second manually and it still does not trigger with motion detection.

I would like to set a profile so that it records motion from 10pm-6am every day. I would also like to set a profile to record motion 24 hours a day, every day.

I'm getting lost and have changed so many settings that I can no longer remember what I have changed honestly.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
put it on red or go to blue iris options>other and uncheck disable recording and disable alerts under the traffic signal section.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am still using the evaluation version if that matters

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what about with motion?
for manual recordings check blue iris options > cameras> limit manual recording to

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
set the make time to half a second and make sure you are creating enough motion.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now it is recording all of the time....LOL

At least it's recording. I'll play a little and see if I can figure out the profile settings.

On the scheduling, green is paused, red is recording but what is gray? Is red recording all of the time? Which color do I want for only motion recording for a specific time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The colors dont matter at all. There is a different color for each profile. I think there are 7 total profiles. You can have each profile set up with different motion settings and record settings. You can specify what profile to use in the global schedule or override the global and use the camera specific schedule. In many of the camera tabs there is a profile drop down. This is very important. Because if you are using more than one profile you need to tell the software what settings you want for EACH profile. For example, You can have different make times for profile 1 and 2. You can have alerts only sent during profile one but not two etc etc... Also see http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?818-confused-on-schedule-profile&highlight=sunset

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help.

I think I am figuring this all out....maybe.

Since I've came back home, I'm actually recording with triggers now for some reason. Time to learn profiles.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. BI can be complex at first but once you learn it you will be grateful for all the options it allows.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last night we had triggering twice and recorded for 10 minutes the first time and 14 the second. However, nothing was recorded when my wife put our son in the van and drove off in a Toyota van. In the videos that were recorded there was nothing but a few very small insects flying around.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you recording direct to disk?
Increase you minimum object size to around where you minimum contrast is set in the image you posted. Lower your make time to about 0.7. You need to add some pretrigger frames, start with 30. and increase end trigger unless retriggered to 15 seconds.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where do I set pre-trigger frames?

I have not set anything to to record direct-to-disc that I am aware of and can not find anything in the options to turn it on or off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
direct to disc is in each cameras recording tab....click file format and compression
pretrigger frame buffer size is in the record tab as well

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did not have it set to record to disc.

Does this look right?

I've had a lot of foot and vehicle traffic in the driveway all day with only 1 trigger that started after I pulled a van in the driveway, parked and got out. I'm not talking about 100' away, I mean within 10' of the camera. Other similar vehicles have been in and out of the same spot without triggering. Also walking in this area with no vehicles will not trigger either.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you keep object detect reject unchecked? did you lower your make time? what frame rate is the camera set to? Set the pretrigger rate to at lease the frame rate and preferably double.