ONVIF 2.4 POE camera for my LV-N9916C6E NVR system

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently, and now think regrettably, purchased an ONVIF 2.4 POE camera for my LV-N9916C6E NVR system. My system currently has 8 Laview cameras connected. From what I understand the ONVIF 2.4 POE camera has an assigned IP address that needs to be changed. I have followed the instructions and can't figure it out. Can I just plug this in to the NVR and assign it an address?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand the ONVIF 2.4 POE camera has an assigned IP address that needs to be changed.
Normally you'd do this by using the web browser (most likely need IE11 to allow a needed plugin installation) to connect to the camera web GUI and adjust the network configuration to suit the requirements of what you are connecting it to, which presumably shows on the NVR web GUI.
Also some cameras come with a 'discovery' app that can provide this capability too.

Some screenshots may help provide better answers.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It took me a while to realize that the POE camera was not going to work (power up the camera) while plugged into my router. I found a 12VDC power supply and plugged it into the camera while the Ethernet connection was still plugged into the router. Using the handy discovery app provided with the camera (see instructions attached), I was unable to find the camera. I later realized that the power supply was too small (150MA). I now have the correct power supply. I will need to try this again.

Proir to discovering the power supply issue I did plug this into my NVR. The camera lights came on and seemed to me doing something. My NVR uses 8 laview cameras. See screen shot attached. Camera #9 is the camera that I am trying to connect. The others 10.11.. so fourth... I have no idea why they are there. Anyway, I named it SONY, but it's not a Sony Camera. I think there is a Sony lens in it. I was desperate and tried to get it to plug and play. It appears that my NVR gave it an IP address. But, I'm I really don't understand how that works.

As I was typing this I received the following message from Laview:

"Hello, Currently, our NVR systems do not support ONVIF 2.4, sorry for the inconvenience."

Here is the link to the camera.

IP Camera 2mp 1080p POE onvif p2p sony imx322 outdoor waterproof ip66 3MP HD Lens Night Vision 1920*1080 cameras seguranca-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The others 10.11.. so fourth... I have no idea why they are there.
These are simply the pre-defined default addresses for the PoE channels in the NVR.
So to start to get the camera connected, you need to change the camera IP address to 192.168.254.2
And you can use 192.168.254.1 as the default gateway.
As I was typing this I received the following message from Laview:
"Hello, Currently, our NVR systems do not support ONVIF 2.4, sorry for the inconvenience."
That may not mean that it doesn't support ONVIF - perhaps just not that specific, recent version.
I later realized that the power supply was too small (150MA). I now have the correct power supply. I will need to try this again.
This will probably be fine.

The camera product info from your link shows that the default IP address is 192.168.1.168
On the assumption that your LAN IP address range is in 192.168.1.x :
With the camera powered with your 12v supply, and an ethernet cable from the camera plugged in to your router, point an IE11 browser at that IP address, you should see the camera web GUI.
And the search tool should also work OK.
Note that after you change the camera IP address to match the NVR, you will lose access to it via the browser.

From the screenshots, that camera is running Herospeed firmware - looks a little like Hikvision (I wonder why ??).
It's likely to be a rebadged Longse/Catonk/Besafe camera.
If it really is IMX323 and not the IMX322 in the product info, this is the latest firmware : 3516CV200_IMX323_W_7.1.3.3 - IPC HISILICON SCHEME FIRMWARE - Herospeed Technology Limited
The Herospeed firmware also generally supports the Hikvision network protocol, so Hikvision's SADP may find it, and also you may be able to add it as a Hikvision model (if the NVR has that choice) or LAview.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What IP address do I assign to the camera? The NVR address that is open to a router port?

If the firmware for the camera? If so, will the camera interface likely provide firmware install instructions?

Thanks so much!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So to start to get the camera connected, you need to change the camera IP address to 192.168.254.2
And you can use 192.168.254.1 as thedefault gateway.
Best ignore my comments about the firmware version for the moment. It's likely your camera has the current version anyway.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to connect to the camera when it was connected to my router. I did this with another IPC search tool that I found online since the one provided will not work with windows 10. Unfortunately I needed the admin password. I don't know it. I tried the usual suspects. I wrote to the seller. Hopefully I can get it to work. More to come....

Thanks again!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The default login is likely to be admin/admin at the web GUI.
Was the default IP address 192.168.1.168 ?

*edit*
And out of curiosity, see if SADP finds the camera.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes the default was 192.168.1.168. I'll try admin next. I still could not connect to it directly with IE.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to connect to the camera when it was connected to my router. I did this with another IPC search tool that I found online since the one provided will not work with windows 10. Unfortunately I needed the admin password. I don't know it. I tried the usual suspects. I wrote to the seller. Hopefully I can get it to work. More to come....

Thanks again!
What ip search tool did you use. I can't get sadp to work with mine.

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have made progress. But am once again at the end of my rope.

The IP search tool that came with the came is hopeless. I even tried to run it in XP and Windows 7. It will not detect anything and the GUI looks nothing like the one in the tiny instruction booklet.

Using a tool called "IP Search Tool" (it may take me a while to figure out where I found it online) and having my PC (windows-10) connected to my router and the camera connected to the same router and a separate 12V DC power supply, I was able to change the IP address from 192.168.1.168 to 192.168.254.50. I decided to change the end to 50 since LaView uses 1-25 for their brand cameras that are assigned under plug and play. I then made the other settings (see screen shots #1 and #2). And yes. The admin password is admin.

When I connect the camera to my NVR the system recognizes it. But fails to connect and show any vide. All my LaView cameras show up as management port 8000 and the this camera shows up under 80. When I hit connect camera I am asked for a password. When I enter "admin" for the password it appears to be trying to connect. Then, it says password error. I think it wants the camera to have at least an 8 character password. But, I don't know how to change the camera password from admin to something with 8 characters.

Also, I can't connect to the camera via the IP address from IE. A also can't ping it.

I'm lost.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I connect the camera to my NVR the system recognizes it. But fails to connect and show any vide.
You need to make a choice of what management protocol to use. I don't think you've said what you are trying, or what the choices are on that NVR.
Normally you'd use ONVIF as the common factor. This type of camera has port 80 as the ONVIF port. Other cameras vary.
You could also experiment with Herospeed's implementation of the Hikvision protocol.
In my experience it actually works OK. If you try that, you need to use 8000 as the management port.

Also, I can't connect to the camera via the IP address from IE. A also can't ping it.
Presumably the camera is now on the NVR PoE port, which is not directly accessible from a PC on the LAN, it's a separate network.
But try this as an experiment so you can get an idea of how this all works:
Connect the PC to an unused PoE port on the NVR.
Set the PC IP address to be in the range that the NVR PoE ports use, such as 192.168.254.100
Start SADP. Does it see the cameras?
Point the browser at your camera at 192.168.254.25
Does it see the camera?
Point the browser at your NVR at 192.168.254.1
Does it see the NVR?

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My apologies. I had to step away from this for a while. It drove me crazy. I'll get back to it soon and post any progress.3

Thanks.....