ONVIF camera (IP360) won't connect to NVR

Reaction score
Hi guys. Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section. I have just joined here and have a couple of questions. I have a cheap floodlight cam that uses the ipcam360 app. Even though this is onvif, the camera uses UDP protocol instead of TCP. There is no way to change this, and my cheap Chinese NVR (xmeye type) does not seem to have UDP, but only TCP and fails to connect. This is the only camera ift ails to connect to.

If I use software such as Tinycam pro, and other software I have that UDP option and can get the cajwra working

My questions are:
Is there a way to enable UDP on the Chinese NVR? Do other alternative NVRs have this option?

Is there firmware for the ipcam360 (I can provide more details on the camera)

I know I could purchase another/better camera, but just wondering if there is a work around. Was also thinking in the long run to buy a low powered pc and use that as an NVR instead.

Look forward to hearing your comments kindest regards Matthew UK Wolverhampton West Midlands

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not a solution, but you will find in many instances ONVIF doesn't mean much. Even as a standard, there is no "standard" that every manufacturer follows.

In reality, ONVIF is a paid designation, so a camera can set up their protocol however they want, but if they belong to ONVIF, they can slap ONVIF on their stuff. Some manufacturers are better than others at providing a standard that can be used with other devices.

Best bet is to match brands of cameras and NVR, otherwise it is a crap shoot if it will work.

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Do good quality nvrs usually have the flexibility and options available to change udp/TCP protocol? I've had some look with Ispy on windows and tinycam Pro Android. Regards