"open in desktop frame" issue, help needed

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Occasionally when I double click on a camera to open it up (full window), after I close it and open up another camera, the previous camera (in a smaller window) stays on top of the new camera that I opened up. I have to right click on the smaller camera window and uncheck the "open in desktop frame" item before it disappears. Does anyone know why double clicking on a camera window to open it, then closing it, occasionally creates this behavior?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Occasionally when I double click on a camera to open it up (full window), after I close it and open up another camera, the previous camera (in a smaller window) stays on top of the new camera that I opened up. I have to right click on the smaller camera window and uncheck the "open in desktop frame" item before it disappears. Does anyone know why double clicking on a camera window to open it, then closing it, occasionally creates this behavior?
You are accidentally dragging the camera a bit when clicking on it so it opens in a desktop frame...select drag lock to prevent this.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks... where the heck is this drag lock option, still hunting for it :)

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
niceeeee. Would have never found that!

Thanks!!

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So that really didn't fix my issue (at all). Unfortunately.
The issue is when I occasionally click on a camera window to open full size and then close it, sometimes the smaller version of that window doesn't go away even when I open another camera window full size.
I have to right click on the smaller window and uncheck the "open in desktop frame" to make it go away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So that really didn't fix my issue (at all). Unfortunately.
The issue is when I occasionally click on a camera window to open full size and then close it, sometimes the smaller version of that window doesn't go away even when I open another camera window full size.
I have to right click on the smaller window and uncheck the "open in desktop frame" to make it go away.
You are accidentally moving it. Enable drag lock.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did enable drag lock, no change/effect.
is there any way to disable this from happening even if I am accidentally moving it?
And, that is odd, I'm typically careful to to move it when I double click a window to open it full screen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did enable drag lock, no change/effect.
is there any way to disable this from happening even if I am accidentally moving it?
And, that is odd, I'm typically careful to to move it when I double click a window to open it full screen.
If you enable drag lock you wont be able to move it.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know, and I've read that and tried it some time ago, left drag lock on but, still occasionally when I double click on a window, it stays on the screen when I close it and open another cam window, until I uncheck the "open in desktop frame".
I'm going to try just single clicking on a window and hitting the enter button to open the window and the hitting esc key to close the window. That should prevent me from somehow moving the window when I double click on it, I hope.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You could also be accidentally hitting "open in desktop frame"

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How would that be happening when I'm just double clicking on a small cam window?