Open port problem

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone and a happy 4th.
I'm trying to connect my phone (android) using blue iris mobile app to my pc using blue iris. The problem I'm having is that when I open a port and checking can you see me now it has a different ip address and its not open.
Can someone help me fix this or point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone and a happy 4th.
I'm trying to connect my phone (android) using blue iris mobile app to my pc using blue iris. The problem I'm having is that when I open a port and checking can you see me now it has a different ip address and its not open.
Can someone help me fix this or point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
You mean you have dynamic IP at home as many people you can use a DynDNS-like service but you'd better have a anti-hacking proof camera

Last edited:

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your interst in helping. I changed from dsl to cable and now every device i use has the same ip address. I just got the blue iris app and opend a port on my router and opened a port (192.168.#)to use it and i get unable to connect so i checked the port with can you see me now and the port is not open. Its cheching the port on a different ip address (70.54.#), its the same ip address everything is using.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your interst in helping. I changed from dsl to cable and now every device i use has the same ip address. I just got the blue iris app and opend a port on my router and opened a port (192.168.#)to use it and i get unable to connect so i checked the port with can you see me now and the port is not open. Its cheching the port on a different ip address (70.54.#), its the same ip address everything is using.
it is impossible for every device to have the same ip address....you are confusing your external ip and internal ip...192.168 is an internal subnet...the 70.54 is external...you have to forward the external to the proper internal ip of your blue iris server

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I check whats my ip on my laptop its the same as my desktop and phones ip address so that will be my external ip. That the same ip address that can you see me now uses. When i log into my router I only have the 192 address so i need to find the 70 number to open a port. Now i have find that number in my router to open a port. Thanks fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I check whats my ip on my laptop its the same as my desktop and phones ip address so that will be my external ip. That the same ip address that can you see me now uses. When i log into my router I only have the 192 address so i need to find the 70 number to open a port. Now i have find that number in my router to open a port. Thanks fenderman
they will all show the SAME external ip..you only have one of those...you have a basic misunderstanding of networking and ip addresses as well as port forwarding..i suggest google to learn about these..

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been playing with the router for awhile, no cams have access to net, static ip addresses are set and now I have the app working. I think the problem was the pc, changed a few settings on the pc and the app started working.
Thanks for all who helped point me in the right direction.