OpenALPR Custom price plan?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten them to do this? There is an option for you to contact sales for a custom plan. I really like the product and my trial is about to run out

The $5 plan is too limited, and the $50 one is too expensive. This is what I suggested to them, I'll let you know if they let me have it

• Cost: $20/Mo
  • Cameras allowed: 2
  • Plate Number: Yes
  • Vehicle Color: No (Its almost always wrong at night, so I don’t even care)
  • Vehicle Make: No (Its wrong too often)
  • Vehicle Model: No (99% of the time it doesn’t even give a model)
  • Direction of travel: Yes (But, it’s not the end of the world)
  • Users allowed on dashboard: 3
  • Detected Plates that send alerts: Unlimited
  • Data retention length: 30 days

Thoughts?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd also really like it if they let me tag plates like "Lives near here"

Then I could filter for everything that wasn't "Lives near here" and get the plates I really want to see!

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I messaged them about this before but they never responded. I just keep signing up for new trials lol.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, no reply since. A real shame. They are going to get $0 from me when they could get $20/mo

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For me it is:
can't use the commercial client, so unable to use the motion_detection option, which cuts CPU usage on my server tremendously.
can't use h264 streams

I'm not sure if we are on the same page... you use the same agent. My tool just scrapes their service for the info every minute to retain a local copy, local alerting, etc. If you're using the $5 plan to test, and you're just missing alerts and storage....

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait a second, so if I only get the $5 plan everything in that commercial enhancements page is lost???

I read commercial to be any paid plan

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wait a second, so if I only get the $5 plan everything in that commercial enhancements page is lost???

I read commercial to be any paid plan
Are you currently using and testing their service?
What plan are you on?

My understanding is that they basically have three models:
1. Open Source (run your own on your server) - Free, Limited
2. Commercially Supported (run your own on your server) - Paid, Improved Performance/Options
3. Their cloud based platform, multiple cost structures. This is what a few of us on this forum use. It's $5/mo/camera and is more or less fully functional (definitely has the video stream, plate grouping, etc.) I believe they removed some items like make/model/color from this level of service - but.... There are other ways to get that info with decent accuracy.

The issue with #3 for me, is the limited alerting and storage.
So.... Thus the program that sits locally and on a timer (for me every minute) gets the info from their website and stores it locally. Since I'm processing it every minute, I can also do things like custom alerts.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay yeah, for some reason I thought you meant that with the $5 plan, you lose all those features

That sounds perfect. Alerting and retention were the only issues for me, I don't care about the car makes and models

If there is a car I am really interested in, I can just go back on the recording anyway

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I signed up for my trial i have a fully functioning "commercial" client, i have my own alpr web server running in a VM on unraid, the equilvalent of cloud.openalpr.com, I can turn on GPU processing etc. I assumed "commercial" client meant the "commercial" license..

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe the GPU isn't for efficiency, rather throughput like running the camera on a highway with 100 cars a minute. When I enabled it my CPU usage actually rose compared to using motion_detection with the cpu client. Right now I just have a Quadro K260, nothing fancy.